Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen Bronze Stick Pin

Article about: This pin caught my eye on a vendor table over weekend. Wondering if a common item. Hoping I posted pin in the right area. John

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen Bronze Stick Pin

This pin caught my eye on a vendor table over weekend. Wondering if a common item. Hoping I posted pin in the right area.

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen Bronze Stick Pin   Panzerkampfabzeichen Bronze Stick Pin  

Last edited by War Medals; 10-21-2018 at 04:27 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen Bronze Stick Pin
    P
    Many

The detail is certainly lacking and I see some flaws. The swastika is hardly visible.
    The wreath on all of my examples are the same thickness all of the way around, yours seems to get thicker and thinner as it goes around the perimeter.
    Does the pin have a twist in it?
    Here are some of mine.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph The pin has lines on pin very hard to see though. I posted another pic with a little better lighting. Nice collection, I like the 50 one. Where there any markings on the back of these pins?

John

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Ralph The pin has no twist on it. I posted another pic with a little better lighting. Nice collection, I like the 50 one. Are there any markings on the back of these pins?

John
    Thank you John.
    Some have markings, and some do not.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph, I will be soon have a chance to return this stick pin if it does not check out. I was wondering if it would be possible to get a picture of one of the edges on your pins. I am thinking that I should be seeing shearing lines all around the edge. Purchased from a dealer that I trust so need to do more research. Took a pic of edge on my badge. Pic not the greatest but does show edge.

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen Bronze Stick Pin  
    Last edited by War Medals; 11-19-2018 at 03:20 PM.

Hi Ralph , I was taking a second look at your pins and noticed that the gun barrel on each is pretty defined. The one on my pin is very small and has no detail. After further studying my pin a believe that it is a cast fake. There is a hole in the bottom of the grass, casting flaw? A lot does not add up on this pin.

John

MAP
    ?

Not sure if these quick snaps help or not. Mine is well worn. Approx 16mm.

Double click to enlarge. I can take more, even closer if need be.

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

We have to remember that these were not actually awards.
    I can understand that we want ours to be original and that there are fakes out there but, I believe that not all of the makers of these lapel pins were held to the same standard as the actual awards.
    I don't think there is a problem with this one, what I can, see seems original.
    Ralph.

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    We have to remember that these were not actually awards.
    I can understand that we want ours to be original and that there are fakes out there but, I believe that not all of the makers of these lapel pins were held to the same standard as the actual awards.
    I don't think there is a problem with this one, what I can, see seems original.
    Ralph.
    Assume you are talking about John's (OP's). I was just posting the "edge" photo of mine for him to see as he was asking.

I agree with all you said. I have seen originals (supposedly) that were very poorly defined (typically the smaller sizes)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi MAP, thanks for the picture of the edge on your stick pin. I measured mine and it is 16.77mm. Your edge seems a lot smoother and equal thickness all around than mine. The thickness of the medal is .98mm. On the back of my stick pin there is a raised edge around the entire outside edge. My medal is also concave. Do you know anything about the manufacturing process.

John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast