Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Unmarked

Article about: Hello to all, few days ago I posted several badges, and few of them were nice reproductions, which can confused many collectors. Now when, I learn, that there are waiting fakes on market, I

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Unmarked

Hello to all, few days ago I posted several badges, and few of them were nice reproductions, which can confused many collectors. Now when, I learn, that there are waiting fakes on market, I want to show my Tank badge in bronze, which is in my collection. I´m sure that this badge is authentic despite the fact it is unmarked. It looks like Steinhauer & Luck product or Junker? Maybe you can help me with identifying producer and also confirming its authenticity.

Thanks a lot for your help and opinions!

Best regards

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Unmarked   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Unmarked  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Unmarked   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Unmarked  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Unmarked
    P
    Many

Hi Peter,

This is a genuine solid zinc badge by a so far unknown maker that is referred to in collector circles as the "So called Juncker set up" due to the similarities between the 2 designs and rear hardware, but that is all.

There were 2 die versions of this badge, the "Type A" that has only ever been found in bronze, and the more common "Type B" that can be found in both bronze and silver, although the silver badge is the somewhat more scarce of this type being out numbered by roughly 10 to 1 in known examples.

Your badge is a "Type A", the all bronze production version, and the less common of the two die type badges. The differences between both die types is slight, but the area between the eagles body and wings, the co-ax MG port and the headlights all differ slightly from the one die type to the other.

Your badge would benefit from a smear of Vaseline to negate the onsetting corrosion. It looks like white rust, but this can quickly change to zinc pest that will start eating into the badge, so best sort it out.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

agree with Ned good one.

Hi Ned, many thanks for very advanced answer! It is nice to hear that this badge is authentic item. It is what it is, but I still like it.

Harryamb2, thanks for your comment also it is nice to see that two collectors has same opinion.

Again many thanks for help

Best regards

Peter