Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by wurster:real or fake?

Article about: This is another I am considering. Mine looks very similar to the one mentioned by Rory. From the limited reading I've done here, I was wondering if the solid backs are mostly late war? How w

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by wurster:real or fake?

This is another I am considering. Mine looks very similar to the one mentioned by Rory. From the limited reading I've done here, I was wondering if the solid backs
    are mostly late war? How would you define late war-I'd guess 44-45 but wondering if it is more officially defined in collecting?\
    I note a shiny area near hinge--is that normal?
    Thanks for any and all opinions
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by wurster:real or fake?   Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by wurster:real or fake?  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by wurster:real or fake?   Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by wurster:real or fake?  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by wurster:real or fake?   Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by wurster:real or fake?  

Last edited by Adrian; 11-29-2011 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Photos rotated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by wurster:real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by wurster:real or fake?

Any opinions on this badge? The shiny area near hinge was my initial concern and it is the most expensive of the ones I am looking at.
    Appreciate your thoughts............

?

hello simon
    comparing it to the one ill be getting it looks the same, tho clearer face on pictures in day light would be easier to compare.

also i think maybe the hinge has been repaired at some stage soldered maybe? hope this helps

rory

?

Rory, thanks for the tip. With your help and posts on another thread to get the photos turned, I believe these should be better pictures. I like this badge for the quality, but unsure about the hinge repair (original?). I would also like to get one in silver but that will have to wait.

Quote by rory View Post
    hello simon
    comparing it to the one ill be getting it looks the same, tho clearer face on pictures in day light would be easier to compare.

also i think maybe the hinge has been repaired at some stage soldered maybe? hope this helps

rory
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by wurster:real or fake?   Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze by wurster:real or fake?  

?

simon looks ok to me everything is identical to mine and has good detail the pin could be a period replacment or done by someone else i cant say if it itself is origional but personally it wouldnt put me off having it looks nice

cheers rory

?

Rory, any guesses when this badge was likely made? From my very limited knowledge, the hollow-backs are earlier so this must be late war?

?

to be honest im not sure simon im getting a few books myself for xmass so i can read up and learn myself i thought they just had different variants ? hopefully the experts see this thread they all seem to be busy usually they are all over this

rory

If you want to know as much as possible about Panzerkampfabzeichens, then Philippe De Bocks double volumn Collectors Guide to The German Panzer Assault Badge is a must. A bit on the expensive side, but a very good investment.
    Trust me, I have been expensively caught.
    You can purchase through Militaria Berlin.
    Good luck.

Can you get better pics of the eagles head please? Stewy

?

Here are a couple shots of the eagle

edit-arrgghh sorry I forgot to rotate the last ones

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast