Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen der luftwaffe real or fake??

Article about: Hi there, I found this German Luftwaffe Panzer Assault badge, silver grade, GVF and am interested in baying it. My question is if you can find anything on this badge that suggests that it mi

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen der luftwaffe real or fake??

Hi there,
    I found this German Luftwaffe Panzer Assault badge, silver grade, GVF and am interested in baying it.
    My question is if you can find anything on this badge that suggests that it might be a fake?
    Unfortunately these are the only pics I have.
    Thanks in advance!!
    Rob

Panzerkampfabzeichen der luftwaffe real or fake??Panzerkampfabzeichen der luftwaffe real or fake??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen der luftwaffe real or fake??
    P
    Many

They are ALL fake, move on.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Originals of these are rare as hen's teeth if i remember correctly

The eagle is the type used on all fake R.K. Luftwaffe Ground Assault Badges (LGAB). The badge was instituted in November 1944, but there has never been any evidence that it was produced (at least beyond a prototype stage) and then issued and awarded.

I personally cannot see this badge being produced at such a late date in the war, and certainly not as a two piece riveted design, the tooling up requirements would not be viable. I would expect something more in line with the one piece design with molded in hardware as seen on Wallpach LGAB's.

There is evidence written in soldbuchs that the badge was awarded, but no badges, or photographs in wear thereof. The badge was produced as a post war '57 award sans swastika as per the regulations, S&L versions crop up occasionally but even those are extremely rare.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Similar to the elusive Luftwaffe sea War badge!