Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen form today...

Article about: I found this PKA today on a very intersting militaria spot. I'm very happy with this find. Greetings Tiger IV

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen form today...

I found this PKA today on a very intersting militaria spot. I'm very happy with this find.

Greetings

Tiger IV
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen form today...   Panzerkampfabzeichen form today...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen form today...
    P
    Many

BH Mayer would be my guess. But Ned's your man for PKA's. Stewy

Very difficult to see any details from these dark photos but , I would agree with Stewy. It appears to have the flat "wire" catch. Here are a couple photos of mine for reference.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen form today...   Panzerkampfabzeichen form today...  

Panzerkampfabzeichen form today...  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I can but only agree with my colleagues. The only question is what exact type it is material wise, tombak (doubtful), blech (white metal) or zinc, and what variant rear set up it has. This was one of the most common badges made, hence the variances, but it matters not.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Sorry for the bad pictures. I was in a hurry yesterday evening. I know - the pitures are not relly detailed. Here are some new ones.

Greetings

Tiger IV

Panzerkampfabzeichen form today...   Panzerkampfabzeichen form today...  

It's the late hollow zinc type 4.1.2.
    Last edited by big ned; 12-16-2013 at 09:06 PM. Reason: incorrect number type.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Are you sure with zinc?

Quote by Tiger IV View Post
    Are you sure with zinc?
    You tell me. I think I can see white rust on it thats indicative of it being zinc. It may be tombak (brass) but i'm not seeing any real clues at the moment, why not give it a little scratch somewhere unobtrusive and find out if you can't tell by looking at it as is?

Regards, Ned.