Become our sponsor and display your banner here

panzerkampfabzeichen help

Article about: hello. please help me with this award. im interresting in but i dont like the legs of the eagle. not sure about originality. may be unmarked deumer if it is an original?thanks

Default panzerkampfabzeichen help

hello. please help me with this award. im interresting in but i dont like the legs of the eagle. not sure about originality. may be unmarked deumer if it is an original?thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	592567Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	592569

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

I don't like what I see. The eagles legs as well as the cupola is too pointed. I also do not like the reverse view.
    Better photos straight on are needed to tell for sure.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I don't like what I see. The eagles legs as well as the cupola is too pointed. I also do not like the reverse view.
    Better photos straight on are needed to tell for sure.
    Ralph.
    The reason the photo's have been taken from this obtuse angle is for that very reason Ralph, to hide the pointed cupola and the eagle's head which is the ugliest you'll ever see! This is a version of the commonest, and probably oldest fake out there, the so called 'Oval Crimp Fake' after the original unknown maker of this type 1 badge.

Note how it's been artificially aged by getting the blowtorch treatment on the reverse. It's got that hot that the mudguard on the obverse has got that straw/blued appearance you get on centre punches and gun parts! An easy fake to spot when you know what to look for.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.