Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen help please

Article about: Hi as again I would kindly like your help on this one. Its a bit easier doing research on an item when it has a makers mark, but with something like this I haven’t a clue where to start. The

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen help please

Hi as again I would kindly like your help on this one. Its a bit easier doing research on an item when it has a makers mark, but with something like this I haven’t a clue where to start. The guy is waiting for me to make him an offer.
    It looks like its a zinc made piece which the swas has broken away from the turret and all the wash has gone.
    Sorry for the side ways picture.
    Many thanks in advance
    Rod
    Panzerkampfabzeichen help pleasePanzerkampfabzeichen help pleasePanzerkampfabzeichen help pleasePanzerkampfabzeichen help please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen help please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen help please

Hi Rodders,

It's a S&L 1.4.9. type that was produced near the end of the war with a horizontal crimp set up. The zinc used by this time to make these was very poor 'Kriegsmetall' (pot metal really), and porosity, bursting, pitting and cracking (like where the Swaz has separated) are very common.

I would personally avoid this badge, but if you want to make an offer low ball the guy, as you'll never really get your money back on it....£45 tops.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Your the man Ned. thank you very much. I think he thinks its worth at lest double that so I will give it a miss. But it is nice to know its genuine.
    That was good of you to give me a quick reply mate
    Thanks
    Rod

No probs mate, don't sweat it, there are a lot better out there tbh. This was the last gasp of Panzerkampf Abzeichen production really.....
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I would avoid it too. It looks a little zinc pesty to me...

I knock this one back nicely, And passed on Neds great information to him as a kind gesture, and never even got a reply back.
    some people are ignorant arn,t they
    thanks again
    Rod

Quote by plumbob View Post
    I knock this one back nicely, And passed on Neds great information to him as a kind gesture, and never even got a reply back.
    some people are ignorant arn,t they
    thanks again
    Rod
    I find that quite often "Ned's great information" frequently goes down like a pork chop at a Bar Mitzvah when passed on to vendors trying to offload something that'll never sell if it were in their shop window until hell freezes over.....