Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "100"

Article about: I understand these badges are super rare and are guilty until proven innocent on originality. However I came across this online and have never seen this particular construction. I thought JF

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "100"

I understand these badges are super rare and are guilty until proven innocent on originality. However I came across this online and have never seen this particular construction. I thought JFS only made the 75 and 100? Any feedback on originality and construction would be appreciated

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe "100"
    P
    Many

This is a copy of the grade IV badge by Juncker, there are many differences from the JFS series, one being that the rivets do not go right through the badge to the obverse side on JFS or Brehmer badges, only on the Juncker grades II,III,and IV.

The photo's are poor, in my view taken at this angle to hide many of the obvious faults. But the number box is far too big compared to originals (a common trait of the fakes of all makers), and the catch and baseplate look wrong for these particular grade badges. Furthermore, the nasty, oily finish that has been liberally applied all over the badge to age it is another typical trick of the fakers.

Not this time.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi, I must admit that I have never really studied these as I doubt I will ever be "flush enough" to buy one, but for me it was a one looker fake. The number section looks very poor, the background black is nowhere near the sharp look it should have and the fake "ageing" stands out a mile. Leon.

Hi Leon,

We can but all dream heh! heh!

One thing that you can't see on these photo's is the lack of 'cold shuts' in the badge, mainly around the head and bottom horizontal oakleaves. All genuine Juncker grade IV badges have them, but the fakes don't, always something else to look for, detailed pictures or 'hands on inspection' permitting.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks Big Ned. Your in depth analysis and knowledge are always appreciated. Had a hunch it was a juncker, as in junk not maker. lol