Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe '25' and Flugzeugführerabzeichen.

Article about: Hello, I found the War Relics forum while researching a couple of badges I have. I collected WWII German pieces back in the early 80's and later sold off most but recently my folks were clea

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe '25' and Flugzeugführerabzeichen.

Hello,

I found the War Relics forum while researching a couple of badges I have. I collected WWII German pieces back in the early 80's and later sold off most but recently my folks were cleaning out some boxes and found some things I had kept and put away. I was going to sell them but I'd like your opinion on if they are genuine or fake. As I recall most of the fakes during that time were pretty easily spotted but I certainly could have been fooled. And I don't want to be offering them as original if they are not. Here are front and back pictures of the badges, the Panzer is maker marked for Assmann and the Luftwaffe is maker marked for G.H. Osang Dresden.

Thanks, appreciate any feedback.

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe '25' and Flugzeugführerabzeichen.   Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe '25' and Flugzeugführerabzeichen.  

Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe '25' and Flugzeugführerabzeichen.   Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe '25' and Flugzeugführerabzeichen.  

Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe '25' and Flugzeugführerabzeichen.   Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe '25' and Flugzeugführerabzeichen.  

Last edited by Adrian; 03-24-2012 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen II Stufe '25' and Flugzeugführerabzeichen.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Panzer Assault 25 and Luftwaffe Pilot badge

Both badges are fakes.

Regards

Sorry for my short answer,but Osang was made no pilot badges and Assman was made no numbered PAB.Thats the most simple way to see,that those badges are fakes.Sorry,no chance.

Regards

?

Thanks, appreciate the quick response, I was pretty young at the time so no loss monetarily, and I didn't want to put them out there if they were not correct. I had suspicions about the Pilot badge, but didn't know on the Panzer.

thanks, Nick

I agree,sorry. The PKA is especially bad,as already stated Assman never made numbered PKA's. The eagle,rivets,hinge & catch (basically all the hardware is wrong). Stewy

?

Hi Nick and welcome.
    Unfortunately I have to agree with Joachim and Stewy for the reasons they state. Neither badge was made by the respective manufacturers. Do you have any more pieces?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Pity to have fake items in your collection for so many years.
    Welcome to the forum btw.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Hi Nick and welcome.
    Unfortunately I have to agree with Joachim and Stewy for the reasons they state. Neither badge was made by the respective manufacturers. Do you have any more pieces?
    Thanks All, I appreciate your responses, I only wish there were forum boards like this at the time, so much more information is now available, there were only a handful of reference books and they were mostly devoted to blades. I have some cuff titles as well that I posted a similar information request under SS because there were a couple of SS cuff titles in the mix, turned out they were bad as well, but I think the Grossdeutschland and Fallschirm-Division may end up being OK. I still think there may be a few more pieces coming out, I'm doing this long distance with my folks so it's a series of surprises as they unpack old boxes in storage.

nick