Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"

Article about: Good or bad ?

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"

Good or bad ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"   Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"  

Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"   Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"  

Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"   Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"  

Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"  
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-24-2014 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Edited title to use proper German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"
    P
    Many

It's a high end copy. Even though the pictures are very poor to work with considering the thousands of dollars at stake here, I can tell you that poor detailing is present in the eagles head, claws and especially the tracks, road wheels and drive sprocket. The number is incorrect, as is the box being to big, to compensate for the loss in height as a result of casting. Furthermore, it's also elongated along it's base compared to originals and the bottom is not completely flat as in originals.

Taking the reverse side, the rear set up is close, but no cigar. The catch is a 'shepherds crook' shape unlike the original 'question mark' one, and there is no anti rotational device in the crimped catch base, as it's actually cast. The pin is the wrong shape and the entire set up on originals is magnetic, but i'll guarantee that only the pin is on this fake. The rivets, although looking a good match, are not made of aluminium as they should be and the makers mark is also close, but lacks the sharpness of the original badge.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Agree...total McCrap.

?

Thanks again ned, im very dissapointed
    Next time i will make better photos and more discription ... i promise

lack of detail stands out.

Quote by McFrag View Post
    Thanks again ned, im very dissapointed
    Next time i will make better photos and more discription ... i promise
    I'm sorry to here that bud, i hope you can get your money back. It's always worth a try when you're talking this kind of outlay.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    I'm sorry to here that bud, i hope you can get your money back. It's always worth a try when you're talking this kind of outlay. Regards, Ned.

yeah i get my money back, was no problem. The Seller was very sad about it too.

Maybe more luck next time