Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"

Article about: Hi guys, this PAB 50 any chance being real? Thanks.

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"

Hi guys,

this PAB 50 any chance being real? Thanks.

Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-27-2016 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"
    P
    Many

Not this time bud.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Sorry Ned's correct. Stewy

There are many problems with this badge, the number shield with the flaw on the '5' being one, but let's see if anyone can spot the single intrinsic point that makes this badge bad to the bone.

It's not easy if you don't know the numbered PAB's to a reasonable degree. Let's call it a little quiz.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

CBH
    ?

Shouldn't the 50 be attached by a rivet or similar .

I suppose , this type should have Hohlnieten = hollow rivets

regards
    Tomasz

Quote by tompress View Post
    I suppose , this type should have Hohlnieten = hollow rivets

regards
    Tomasz
    Correct! The method of attaching the two parts of the badge together is where the rivets go right through the badge. This method is only found on Juncker type II badges. But if you examine the wreath and eagle of the badge closely it has significant differences, and is the type used by Gustav Brehmer (G.B.).

The biggest giveaway of this is the shape of the eagles head and and slimmer feet/claws that are noticeably different than that found on Juncker badges, even though it's thought that they supplied the dies to G.B. So we have an non maker marked G.B. design badge (unheard of) with type II Juncker rivets, a big no-no.

Regards, Ned.