Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50", GB, Gustav Brehmer

Article about: A recent addition to my Panzerkampfabzeichen collection. I was not planning on purchasing this example as it falls a little outside of my collecting focus but, a special someone convinced me

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50", GB, Gustav Brehmer

A recent addition to my Panzerkampfabzeichen collection.
    I was not planning on purchasing this example as it falls a little outside of my collecting focus but, a special someone convinced me that it was worth investing in.
    There is still a little of the silver finish remaining on this example. I have a feeling that the rivets have been "worked on" to make the tank tight again but I will leave that decision up to our resident expert on these.
    I do not believe the catch has been re-soldered.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50", GB, Gustav Brehmer
    P
    Many

That is an Excellent badge and a Good investment! You may be right about the rivets, but it's impossible to say when or who did it, and it may well have been period done in any case. A fine addition to the collection! 75 and 100 next?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Very nice, well done!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

If tightened at least they took enough care not to bruise the obverse in the process.
    Very nice Ralph!!...... & way out of my league.

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Very nice Ralph. Quite jealous LoL

I really have to get one of these. Just don't know where look and have not committed myself yet.
    Last edited by MAP; 11-26-2015 at 10:57 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Ralph, A very nice award.I would agree that the rivets have been tightened you can see by the distortion to them.I have added a photo of the rear of my un-tightened GB bronze grade 25 for comparison. Its nice to see on your example all the flaws and fingerprints that help to identify a genuine GB PKA.

Hi Ralph, In addition I would suggest that in all probability the rivets on yours were tightened soon after manufacture and possibly at the factory. On the above example the rattling noise is quite loud when the badge is shaken something which I am sure would become rather annoying. GB PKA's where the rivets have not been tightened appear to be very uncommon.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    That is an Excellent badge and a Good investment! You may be right about the rivets, but it's impossible to say when or who did it, and it may well have been period done in any case. A fine addition to the collection! 75 and 100 next?
    Thanks William!
    I don't think so, not for a while anyways.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Very nice, well done!
    Thanks Ade!
    I had help on this one.
    Ralph.

Quote by Danmark View Post
    If tightened at least they took enough care not to bruise the obverse in the process.
    Very nice Ralph!!...... & way out of my league.

Cheers, Dan
    Thanks Dan!
    Almost out of my league and like I said, a little outside of my collecting focus.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast