Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50" for verification

Article about: Hello I am thinking of purchasing this PAB 50 but I got some doubts, first of all it looks a little bit dirty or ... damaged on front side, am I correct or it's just some kind of dirt on it

What a superb Badge Ned, can it get better than this? Passion and investment do not go together [QUOTE=big ned;1535672]
    Quote by upanddown View Post
    Hello
    I am thinking of purchasing this PAB 50 but I got some doubts, first of all it looks a little bit dirty or ... damaged on front side, am I correct or it's just some kind of dirt on it for keeping it for years in such shape? For sure it's not ground recovered piece, it looks okay but I would like to know if it's worth for collector to got it in storage for future investment and maybe if it's worth of cleaning by pro ?

Hi there,

It's a genuine badge but unfortunately has suffered severely from zinc pest on the tank as can be clearly seen. Someone has treated it to slow the degenerative process, but the damage is already done and this affects the value of the badge severely. It is in no way an investment piece, and to be honest if your'e looking at making a tidy profit on your investment then I would advise you to try putting your money into something with a better return than TR badges, medals etc. unless they are of the highest possible condition.

Below is a numbered combat badge that covers the criteria of an investment piece, but I didn't buy it as such. It was bought because it's one of the finest examples known today, and I'm delighted to own it. At the end of the day should I ever choose to sell it, I hope to at least get what I paid for it, everything after that would be gravy, although of course it's not a guarantee that will be the case.

Attachment 906013Attachment 906014

Regards, Ned.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

yea a really nice badge!! looks even better than the 75 JFS i saw a couple of weeks back. guess this one was over 12k

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12