Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50" for verification

Article about: Hello I am thinking of purchasing this PAB 50 but I got some doubts, first of all it looks a little bit dirty or ... damaged on front side, am I correct or it's just some kind of dirt on it

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50" for verification

Hello
    I am thinking of purchasing this PAB 50 but I got some doubts, first of all it looks a little bit dirty or ... damaged on front side, am I correct or it's just some kind of dirt on it for keeping it for years in such shape? For sure it's not ground recovered piece, it looks okay but I would like to know if it's worth for collector to got it in storage for future investment and maybe if it's worth of cleaning by pro ?

PICS
    Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50" for verificationPanzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50" for verificationPanzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50" for verificationPanzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50" for verificationPanzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50" for verificationPanzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50" for verificationPanzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50" for verificationPanzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50" for verification
    Last edited by rbminis; 11-22-2015 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50" for verification
    P
    Many

Please use this thread when creating titles for any threads you start in the Orders and Decorations area.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

[QUOTE=upanddown;1535593]Hello
    I am thinking of purchasing this PAB 50 but I got some doubts, first of all it looks a little bit dirty or ... damaged on front side, am I correct or it's just some kind of dirt on it for keeping it for years in such shape? For sure it's not ground recovered piece, it looks okay but I would like to know if it's worth for collector to got it in storage for future investment and maybe if it's worth of cleaning by pro ?

Hi there,

It's a genuine badge but unfortunately has suffered severely from zinc pest on the tank as can be clearly seen. Someone has treated it to slow the degenerative process, but the damage is already done and this affects the value of the badge severely. It is in no way an investment piece, and to be honest if your'e looking at making a tidy profit on your investment then I would advise you to try putting your money into something with a better return than TR badges, medals etc. unless they are of the highest possible condition.

Below is a numbered combat badge that covers the criteria of an investment piece, but I didn't buy it as such. It was bought because it's one of the finest examples known today, and I'm delighted to own it. At the end of the day should I ever choose to sell it, I hope to at least get what I paid for it, everything after that would be gravy, although of course it's not a guarantee that will be the case.

Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50" for verificationPanzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50" for verification

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Good advice as ever from Ned.

Only buy it if the price is right and you intend to keep it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Beauty .... very nice piece,thank you for good explaining.

[QUOTE=big ned;1535672]
    Quote by upanddown View Post
    Hello

Hi there,

It's a genuine badge but unfortunately has suffered severely from zinc pest on the tank as can be clearly seen. Someone has treated it to slow the degenerative process, but the damage is already done and this affects the value of the badge severely. It is in no way an investment piece, and to be honest if your'e looking at making a tidy profit on your investment then I would advise you to try putting your money into something with a better return than TR badges, medals etc. unless they are of the highest possible condition.

Below is a numbered combat badge that covers the criteria of an investment piece, but I didn't buy it as such. It was bought because it's one of the finest examples known today, and I'm delighted to own it. At the end of the day should I ever choose to sell it, I hope to at least get what I paid for it, everything after that would be gravy, although of course it's not a guarantee that will be the case.

Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50" for verificationPanzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50" for verification

Regards, Ned.

Dang Ned, havent seen those around hardly ever. And in that condition... never. Wonder what a fine specimen like that would go for nowadays? I am sure top dollar, but still wondering.

Original to me too.
    But a it is a ground dug to me. A large number of them where found in Germany, probably near the factory and where sold like 5 or more years ago.
    I baught several at that time. They are here on the forum, all in different condition of deterioration. The one you show was one of the bests.

To Ned; super badge you are showing there! Wow!!

cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Can only agree with the others, an original badge but with the damage not really worth buying. Much better to save a little and buy one in better condition. Then you will enjoy the ownership far more and if you ever come to sell it you should have no problem finding a buyer.

Hi ned,

Superb badge,I was offered one similar a few weeks back by a certain GVW but as my interests are more with PKA's turned it down which I am pleased I did as I now have a PKA75 on its way to me..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast