Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen im silber

Article about: Does this one have a chance...waiting for rear pics.

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen im silber

Does this one have a chance...waiting for rear pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen im silber  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen im silber
    P
    Many

from this pic,the eagles head looks like a vulture. better ones needed.

?

Ok here is the reverse of the badge. Any thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen im silber  

?

The catch and pin set up I am concerned about. Should the eagle have "7" on the wing?

?

There are a few things that bother me about this. The lack of detail is one thing. Look at the wing tips on the reverse, for instance. they should be pointy , unless filed down too much when hand finished. This doesn't look like they filed it down in this case..it's just poorly made.
    Last edited by Dean; 09-20-2013 at 03:15 PM.

?

A poor fake of a Souval badge in my opinion.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

The detail of the grass beneath the tank is almost nonexistent and the eagle's head is very badly shaped. I would pass on this one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

The grass was another area lacking in detail I was going to mention but I didn't want to give too much away. I think it may be better for member Anzel that to do a little research by using our search option. I helped a little by bumping an old thread to the top. Look at the new posts and you'll see a post started by our Administrator, Adrian Stevenson. I agree with Mr. Wagriff on passing this one up.

This badge looks quite similar to a badge I once owned several years ago, but returned for a refund once I learned it, too, was a fake. The seller whom I haven't visited with in sometime assured me the badge would only be resold as a reproduction. Note the discoloring which almost resembles rust at the top of the reverse of both badges. They most both be from the same producer, and both are, indeed, not of the third reich era.
    Also, not only is the markers mark on these examples in the incorrect location, but the detailing on the front is inaccurate, also, being that it is too soft.
    Such is just another characteristic which doesn't match original examples of said variant, proving that these are undoubtable not originals.

?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    This badge looks quite similar to a badge I once owned several years ago, but returned for a refund once I learned it, too, was a fake. The seller whom I haven't visited with in sometime assured me the badge would only be resold as a reproduction. Note the discoloring which almost resembles rust at the top of the reverse of both badges. They most both be from the same producer, and both are, indeed, not of the third reich era.
    Also, not only is the markers mark on these examples in the incorrect location, but the detailing on the front is inaccurate, also, being that it is too soft.
    Such is just another characteristic which doesn't match original examples of said variant, proving that these are undoubtable not originals.
    This one looks very close to the one you have posted. I a trying to valid the good with the bad on a lot I was offered. Dean, I agree with the comment regarding the grass I have several with much better detail in my collection. I try to check the pin assembly and catch as the first point of elimination but in the end everything is in play. It is always a challenge sorting good from bad in a large lot. I truely appreciate everyone's input and time. I searched the forum on Souvals and noticed the assembly was close but no cigar. I have made that assumption before to find out it was a variant ect. Well anyways thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast