Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen Im Silber R.K.

Article about: Here is my Rudolf A. Karneth & Shone, Gablonz PAB. Just thought I would post a few tonight. Sorry the pictures are not great.

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen Im Silber R.K.

Here is my Rudolf A. Karneth & Shone, Gablonz PAB. Just thought I would post a few tonight. Sorry the pictures are not great.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	897345

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	897346

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	897347
    Last edited by rbminis; 10-27-2015 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Edited to orient photos properly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

An original missing most of it's finish with no repairs.
    Congrats!
    These were available in two finishes that I am aware of. Yours appears to have started out with the same finish as the one on the left.
    Ralph.

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	177.9 KB 
ID:	897348

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	897349
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Anzel,

Your badge is a very early production piece and the finish applied is Brennlack. You can tell it's early by looking closely at the inner wings between the body and the feathers. Your example is perfect, no anomalies. Yet look at Ralph's examples (I hope he doesn't mind me using them as a demo!), the same area has become distorted on both badges, a problem that increased through production of the R.K. PAB until eventually the whole area was obscured.

Name:	RK WING FLAW 1.jpg 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	897411

Above, the early production undamaged badge.

Name:	rk wing flaw 2b..jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	152.8 KB 
ID:	897412Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RK WING FLAW 2a..jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	153.7 KB 
ID:	897413

Ralph's later production badges with the increasingly developing flaw highlighted.

Name:	RK WING FLAW 3C.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	897414

The reverse side hinge crimp with the edges that correspond with the evolving flaw on the opposite side.

This flaw was caused during the method R.K. used of crimping in the reverse hardware, in this case the hinge. Note on Ralph's examples where a curved flaw can be seen on both badges, I've highlighted them both, the one circled being the most prominent. This is the outline of the crimp on the reverse showing through on the obverse side due to the pressure used to crimp the hinge in, and the consequently increased damage it caused to the die over the production period. It's a small but interesting point that most collectors are unaware of, but can be seen perfectly in the pictures above.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Anzel,

Your badge is a very early production piece and the finish applied is Brennlack. You can tell it's early by looking closely at the inner wings between the body and the feathers. Your example is perfect, no anomalies. Yet look at Ralph's examples (I hope he doesn't mind me using them as a demo!), the same area has become distorted on both badges, a problem that increased through production of the R.K. PAB until eventually the whole area was obscured.

Name:	RK WING FLAW 1.jpg 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	897411

Above, the early production undamaged badge.

Name:	rk wing flaw 2b..jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	152.8 KB 
ID:	897412Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RK WING FLAW 2a..jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	153.7 KB 
ID:	897413

Ralph's later production badges with the increasingly developing flaw highlighted.

Name:	RK WING FLAW 3C.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	897414

The reverse side hinge crimp with the edges that correspond with the evolving flaw on the opposite side.

This flaw was caused during the method R.K. used of crimping in the reverse hardware, in this case the hinge. Note on Ralph's examples where a curved flaw can be seen on both badges, I've highlighted them both, the one circled being the most prominent. This is the outline of the crimp on the reverse showing through on the obverse side due to the pressure used to crimp the hinge in, and the consequently increased damage it caused to the die over the production period. It's a small but interesting point that most collectors are unaware of, but can be seen perfectly in the pictures above.

Regards, Ned.
    Ned,
    Thank you for sharing your knowledge of the evolution of RK's production process of their PABs. You are a true professor within this hobby of ours.
    Anzel

Nice Badge, great Ned

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Nice Badge, great Ned
    Please...., just plain Ned is fine.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Guess this one is early production
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	113.6 KB 
ID:	897619   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	33 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	897620  

Hi Juan,

In an attempt to answer your PM, a clearer close up picture of the flaw being discussed would really help here for clarity, this is what we're discussing here right? Still, from what little detail that's visible I would say that it's certainly started to develop the flaw, and is not as crisp and defined as Anzel's badge. The 4 diagonal lines look to be getting damaged on this one so no, not particularly early in my opinion.

Regards, Ned.

Thanks Ned, hope this picture helps, Regards, Juan
    Attached Images Attached Images   

?

For comparison; here are a few better pictures....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Views:	15 
Size:	143.9 KB 
ID:	897926   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	15 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	897927  

Views:	13 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	897928  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast