Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen IV Stufe "75"

Article about: Hello everyone, Would like your thoughts on this salty 75. Thanks

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen IV Stufe "75"

Hello everyone,
    Would like your thoughts on this salty 75.

Thanks
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-21-2016 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen IV Stufe "75"
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Please do a search on the forum for these. a number of great example to compare to.

The pictures shown are poor quality and no close ups of key components...but I am not sure as im working from a cell phone without my reading glasses so can not see clearly and not provide much help at this point. Compare the originals on this forum. Especially the catch, pin hinge and rivets and you should clearly see that it should compare to.

I can look more closely tonight when I return but I'm sure the kings of PABs on this forum will be around well before I return....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Compare the reverse set upto this GAB as well as the number plate on the obverse.

JFS Grade IV (75) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'm not keen on what I see. As Michael says the pics could be better. Stewy

?

Nearly most of the time I will do extensive research and compare the item in question to many known originals before I post here. I found this to have many unique similarities such as the "blob" but I would like other collector/expert opinions besides my own to maybe find something that I may not be seeing. Thanks.

This is an old but pretty good fake that's been around for years. It is commonly found in old pre internet collections complete with a COA from the legitimate dealers who unknowingly sold them.

You need it in hand really, but the obvious giveaway seen here is the use of tombak rivets, they were always aluminium on the original badge. What you can't see but is obvious when in hand, is the lack of any stress striations on the catch hook, and the anti rotational lug within the catch plate is missing.

No doubt someone will get caught out thinking they're getting a bargain, such is the penny pinching avarice or eternal optimism of certain folk who hope it's the real deal and will drop a few hundred on it to own it.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

It is a fake, sorry. It has a lot of faults on closer inspection. That give it away. Stewy

Quote by fvrod1 View Post
    Nearly most of the time I will do extensive research and compare the item in question to many known originals before I post here. I found this to have many unique similarities such as the "blob" but I would like other collector/expert opinions besides my own to maybe find something that I may not be seeing. Thanks.
    There is nothing wrong with posting for other's opinions.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Compraing with pictures in the Book of Philippe de Bock, I would say that it is a really good made badge, but still only a copy...

regards
    Tomasz

?

Phew, very scary. I was certain with the blob flaw being present. Thank you everyone and Big Ned for your insight and opinions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast