Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen - Karl Wurster maker mark

Article about: That cleaned up very well!

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen - Karl Wurster maker mark

Hello all,
    I am a new member, and my name is Jarod. I was referred by another relic-seeker named Josh (Newbie).
    I have purchased a few Assualt Badges, and I am particularly interested in the Panzer Assault Badge. What are the thoughts of the members on the authenticity and value? Thanks Guys! I am looking forward to our future discussions!
    Jarod M. Gorrell (Gorrelljmg)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen  - Karl Wurster maker mark   Panzerkampfabzeichen  - Karl Wurster maker mark  

Panzerkampfabzeichen  - Karl Wurster maker mark  
    Last edited by Adrian; 10-07-2012 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen  - Karl Wurster maker mark
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Panzer Assault Badge - Karl Wurster maker mark

Hi Jarod and welcome to the forum.

I'm sure some of the guys who know their Panzerkampfabzeichen will be able to help soon.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen - Karl Wurster maker mark

I think it has a chance of being an original solid back Wurster Panzerkampf Abzeichen.
    It has had a hard life and needs to be taken care of. Not worth as much as you might think in this condition.
    Not sure what all of that white stuff is in the recesses but, if it is zinc pest, you need to give it a vaseline bath.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph. I was thinking of giving it a gentle bath before putting it in my collection. I think the oxidization should come off easily. I don't want to clean it too hard. Any ideas on value? General ballpark would suffice. I also have an Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber. Maybe you can take a look-see??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen  - Karl Wurster maker mark   Panzerkampfabzeichen  - Karl Wurster maker mark  

?

It's best to start a new thread for each seperate piece, that way the thread stays on track as per the title and doesn't get confused with different answers to different pieces at different times.

When Ralph says about a bath, he doesn't mean immerse it in water or anything like that. A vaseline bath means smearing vaseline over the surface of the badge, leaving for 24 hours and then wiping clean.
    Vaseline, for some reason, helps prevent the white zinc pest corrosion.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Noted regarding the new thread. I will catch on. The Panzerkampfabzeichen has been "Vaseline'd".
    The corrosion / oxidation came right off. Looks like a new piece!!!

Quote by gorrelljmg View Post
    Noted regarding the new thread. I will catch on. The Panzerkampfabzeichen has been "Vaseline'd".
    The corrosion / oxidation came right off. Looks like a new piece!!!
    With new photos, it might be easier to give you a value.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph. I am including a few more "cleaned up" photos. I just took some Vaseline to the oxidation (per your advice).

Panzerkampfabzeichen  - Karl Wurster maker mark   Panzerkampfabzeichen  - Karl Wurster maker mark  

?

I think you did o.k.

I really hate to give values on here because they are so varied but, depending on the timing and the buyer, I would say any where from $225.-$325.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast