Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?

Article about: Another tank badge pick up. The sharpness of the detail and some wear caught my eye. Dealer told me it was a bronze badge. I have a hard time discerning the silver and bronze finishes. Wonde

I agree on the statement of the reproduction badges not gaining any value John...I have a collection of reproductions mostly from the early days when I started the collection and you could only take the item at face value presuming that it was an original but I also now buy good reproductions as long as they are reasonably priced just so I have an example to refer to.
    Now reproductions make big bucks and the copying of original badges is becoming quite expert identification of originals is becoming a fine art.

For a price I would still add it to my collection...I'm intrigued with the quality of the finish and light wear on the track that seems to be showing the zinc base below.

Cheers
    Doug
    Last edited by Saladin; 07-19-2018 at 01:29 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?
    P
    Many

I agree that one has to tread carefully through the mine field of German badges and medals. This particular tank badge is so well made. I wish I had a scale, it has a lot of weight to it. I measured the thickness on the edge and it is 2.81, compared to 2.34 on a R.S. tank badge that I have. Another flaw that I notice about this badge is that on the back, on the bottom of the wings there are no serrations, pretty much smooth.

I have to wait some time before I catch up with this dealer. I sure he will be shocked to find out it is fake. In this hobby, you will never know everything. It still is fun.

John

John,
    since seeing your badge which has me intrigued I have been doing some research and have found that there is a panzer badge that was hand sawn. I have now seen some examples that have a conical cupola hatch due to the sloppy hand finishing.

Anyway, have a look at this good 'Rocky' example and make a close comparison to your example . If the obverse is an exact match we may have to investigate further.

Can you post some HD clear pictures of your badge photographed straight on front and rear and I can have another look

Rocky PAB:

Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?

Hi Doug, thanks for the pics of the Rocky PAB. I am adding a couple of new pics in sun light for review. The pictures that are missing were of a light brown PAB with the backward catch, square base catch pad. I thought it showed the Steegmeir PAB fake. It looked like a fake badge.

Sincerely
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?  

Second Pic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?  

Hi to all.... I was doing some research this weekend, trying to find a exact match to my badge with no luck. The PAB called Rocky does have some of the same traits of my badge, such as the hand finishing with a jeweler saw. The catch however does not match up. I did come across a left handed catch that is a almost exact match on a Fake AS badge. That moved my opinion of my badge to the more suspicious side again.

?

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Hi to all.... I was doing some research this weekend, trying to find a exact match to my badge with no luck. The PAB called Rocky does have some of the same traits of my badge, such as the hand finishing with a jeweler saw. The catch however does not match up. I did come across a left handed catch that is a almost exact match on a Fake AS badge. That moved my opinion of my badge to the more suspicious side again.
    Your badge (AS in triangle) is 100% fake.
    Last edited by ryuuk; 07-22-2018 at 01:33 PM.

?

Hi Doug, thanks for the pics of the Rocky PAB. I am adding a couple of new pics in sun light for review. The pictures that are missing were of a light brown PAB with the backward catch, square base catch pad. I thought it showed the Steegmeir PAB fake. It looked like a fake badge.

Sincerely
    John
    Please take a photo of the hook and the hinge from different sides.

Some side shots
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?   Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?  

Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?  

?

Some side shots
    Badge is strange. But the badge more like me than not. Here are the badges with a similar processing method. As if cutting with a hand saw.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast