Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?

Article about: Another tank badge pick up. The sharpness of the detail and some wear caught my eye. Dealer told me it was a bronze badge. I have a hard time discerning the silver and bronze finishes. Wonde

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?

Another tank badge pick up. The sharpness of the detail and some wear caught my eye. Dealer told me it was a bronze badge. I have a hard time discerning the silver and bronze finishes. Wondering what board thinks. At this time no clue on maker. I feel badge is real but you never know.

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?   Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?  

Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen no maker mark bronze?
    P
    Many

Hello John,
    Not original IMO.
    The top of the turret is an immediate give away, to pointy.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph, I see what you mean. I did not pick that little detail up. I was worried about the catch being backwards. Thanks for you opinion.

John

Hi Ralph, I was wondering if you had seen this badge before, as a know fake. I bought it from a dealer that I trusted. I was a little surprised with your opinion but agree. The seller has helped me with purchases at this show, what to buy and what to pass on. I know even the most knowledgeable dealer/collector can make mistakes. I personally don't like buying non maker marked items. I broke one of my big rules on this badge.

John

Hi John,
    I will do some more looking when I get home from work.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It's a known copy of the Rettenmaier flatback John.
    It is produced in both silver and bronze grades

Cheers
    Doug

Thanks Doug for the information on badge. It is not a bad looking fake, got me . Dealer told me it had some nice period wear. Looks like that was some BS. Next step is to get my money back. Paid $150 Will add to my list of fakes.

Sincerely
    John

The other thing I have just noticed John is the two cut outs have been removed using a jewellers saw.

There has been some work put in to make that badge.

It may be worth a third of what you paid just to have an example of the fake in your collection.

Cheers
    Doug

Hi Doug, I did not pick up on that detail, not enough experience on my part. A detail that no one is commenting on is the way the clasp opens to the left. The clasp look correct besides that detail, have never seen that before. I have been searching the forum for a picture of this fake badge but so far have not been able to find one. As to buying it for $50, I don't know, I saw some really nice fake badges at show. Some really temped me but you have to think that down the road they will never be worth much.

John

Some originals do come with the catch in opposite direction.
    Some fakes are nicely done with maker marks.
    It’s a big minefield so one needs to tread with caution.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast