Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen with number 50

Article about: This is the badge the above reproduction is trying to be - a JFS 50: These photos should put to rest any desire to make the badge in question an original. This maker was very consistent with

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen with number 50

What do you think about this medal, please: it is original or fake..? and why, original or fake? thank you for answer )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen with number 50   Panzerkampfabzeichen with number 50  

Panzerkampfabzeichen with number 50   Panzerkampfabzeichen with number 50  

Panzerkampfabzeichen with number 50  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen with number 50
    P
    Many

KSH
    ?

Default Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen with number 50

In my opinion, a horrible fake. Only three makers made these numbered PKAs as far as I know and this example does not match up in ANY way. Everything looks wrong from the poor details on the obverse to the reverse hardware setup. This badge is so far from an original badge that I don't know where to start quite frankly.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Hi

Very poor quality fake - nothing in common with known originals.

Regards

Hello! Unfortunately, this badge is a replica, but welcome to the Forum! If you Ever have a doubt about something you're looking to purchase, take Good photos of it and post them here and ask for opinions from the experts about it. It will save you alot of time and money, for sure! Good luck hunting! William

As for Why it's not original...well, the copper pin is not correct, the hinge pins and catch are not what they should be, the blobs of solder on the joints, the eagles head is all wrong in shape, the details on the tank and wreath are not at all in the high quality that such a prestigious badge had, but you get the picture, I hope!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

thank you all for answers ) I thought it is real... the color it´s right, silvered the crowne and darkere the tank..... and the diference it is even better on the back side, so this mean the forside was used, it is normal that backside it is more protected........ and even darkere traces aroud the 50... and if observe, the hinge og pins was silvered, it have small traces of silvered yet................ and the tank it moves a little so maybe it was welding later because the tank fell from crown.... the detals of medal was blunted with the time.... it is not normal? the medal was used in the war... maybe.... it is many medals on the internett who looks like new, like yesterday come out from fabrikk..... hmm....... any way, thank you for answers and for welcome )

Here's a good link for reference to compare your badge to, so you can see what I was trying to say! Take a look! William
    Panzer Assault Badge
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Good useful advice. And, Happy 1000!

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Here's a good link for reference to compare your badge to, so you can see what I was trying to say! Take a look! William
    Panzer Assault Badge
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

I must say... this medal was given to a man by a german soldat because the man saved the life of the soldat.... with this medal the man received also a book from the soldat, this: Die Feier des tages von P. Karl Malln

yes William... but see what Wikipedia says: Panzer Badge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "The badge was slightly larger for the 25 and 50 type with the 75 and 100 being larger still.[2] The wreath in the case of the 25 and 50 was silvered, while in the 75 and 100 class it was gilt. The center of the badge (the tank) was made of a separate striking and chemically darkened in the case of the 25 and 50 class, while in the 75 and 100 class the tank was silvered. The reverse has several variations, and could either have a slim or wide pin.[2] The 50 and 100 engagement badges were struck in a in a lightweight zinc alloy, this was so that the larger pin did not pull inconveniently on the tunic.[4] The 200 engagements badge was unofficially created and was never officially documented.[5] The Tank in the center of the medal is a Panzerkampfwagen "

they say "The reverse has several variations, and could either have a slim or wide pin"...... so my medal have a slim pin and another variation than the medal from your photo.........

KSH
    ?

Quote by Lizabell View Post
    yes William... but see what Wikipedia says: Panzer Badge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "The badge was slightly larger for the 25 and 50 type with the 75 and 100 being larger still.[2] The wreath in the case of the 25 and 50 was silvered, while in the 75 and 100 class it was gilt. The center of the badge (the tank) was made of a separate striking and chemically darkened in the case of the 25 and 50 class, while in the 75 and 100 class the tank was silvered. The reverse has several variations, and could either have a slim or wide pin.[2] The 50 and 100 engagement badges were struck in a in a lightweight zinc alloy, this was so that the larger pin did not pull inconveniently on the tunic.[4] The 200 engagements badge was unofficially created and was never officially documented.[5] The Tank in the center of the medal is a Panzerkampfwagen "

they say "The reverse has several variations, and could either have a slim or wide pin"...... so my medal have a slim pin and another variation than the medal from your photo.........
    It is no use trying to make this badge plausible as an original - it is 100% fake and is not even close to resembling a period manufactured badge. If this badge was indeed an unseen up till now variant it would have displayed the same quality and production characteristics as original known examples. In fact the badge in question is the worst reproduction of a numbered PKA that I have seen. You are wasting your time picking out bits of reference information that suits your desire that this badge be an original.

As for the story about the German soldier etc - buy the relic and not the story.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 04:00 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast