Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen for opinions

Article about: hi everyone I have another PAB for your opinions I think it is an s&L but is it ok. regards Allan and thanks in advance Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen for opinions

hi everyone I have another PAB for your opinions I think it is an s&L but is it ok. regards APanzerkampfabzeichen for opinionsPanzerkampfabzeichen for opinionsllan and thanks in advance
    Last edited by rbminis; 09-18-2014 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen for opinions
    P
    Many

I don't like the cast hinge.
    The rest, well the details are mostly hidden by damage and rot.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The wear/corrosion on the headlights differs immensely too. Not something I'd expect to see on a "ground dug" award. Stewy

Irrespective of ground dug or wherever it was found would this badge have this hardware as I have no other means to authenticate it or not any other way. I understand your reservations as do which is why I value your opinions I and if there is any doubt I would sooner leave it. Allan

The badge purports to be an AS in Triangle PAB, if you look closely at the reverse behind the pin just above the turret is the stylized logo. But, the only hinge they used was a crimped in ball hinge, and the only badge they made with a round wire catch is so far unique, only one known to exist; it's known as the 'Die 1' type. But that doesn't fit either, because the obverse is the much more common 'Die 2' type design that has a completely different grass foreground.

So wrong rear set up tied with wrong obverse design, plus the fact that the badge has been de nazified and then incinerated means I wouldn't touch it with yours, never mind mine!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

thanks a nice definitive answer. all the best Allan

also its one of those that get sold one-bay as denazified polish fake.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    also its one of those that get sold one-bay as denazified polish fake.
    You can polish it as much as you like H, it's still a turd!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Just as well its not mine because you know I would do just that.😉