Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber.

Article about: Hi Chaps. Need some help with this PAB in silver. Can't find a variant like in Philippes book, so am assuming its a fake. I don't like the rims around the "headlights" and also the

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber.

Hi Chaps.
    Need some help with this PAB in silver. Can't find a variant like in Philippes book, so am assuming its a fake. I don't like the rims around the "headlights" and also the MG position looks wrong.
    Any thoughts would be welcome.
    Atb
    MarkPanzerkampfabzeichen in Silber.Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber.Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber.
    Last edited by rbminis; 03-15-2015 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber.
    P
    Many

Neds the expert on these,I also think its a fake,like dumbbell tracks.

My advise would be to steer away of this one.

HOW

A fake for sure, but a rather strange one.

The obverse appears to be a mix of a Schickle/F&R design with elements of a Meybauer design eagle. The rear set up is odd, the clipped corners of the sheet metal hinge are not of a type found on any PAB I can think of. I'm thinking this is one of the rare so called 'Mutant Fakes' that crop up under various disguises (Hollow, solid, mixed design types and strange rear set ups) that have been deliberately designed to fool collectors and dealers. Interesting but worthless other than for study IMO.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks for your opinions Chaps, it's appreciated. I thought as much that it was a fake Ned. A mate of mine asked me to check it out for him. He didn't pay much for it, so no lose really.
    Cheers
    Atb

AGREED, garbage.

Tom