Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in silber

Article about: Any thoughts on this please. Had it for years, not sure of authenticity. Catch opens to the left...a problem ? Appreciate any help, Thanks, David

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in silber

Any thoughts on this please. Had it for years, not sure of authenticity. Catch opens to the left...a problem ? Appreciate any help, Thanks, DavidPanzerkampfabzeichen in silberPanzerkampfabzeichen in silberPanzerkampfabzeichen in silberPanzerkampfabzeichen in silberPanzerkampfabzeichen in silber

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in silber
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I would guess this is a Type 2.4.1 Semihollow "Daisy" variant A.

Unknown maker. Are known to have left opening catches.

I see the die flaw in the right tread as well as the stippled pattern between the eagles wings and claws.

That said.....the scoop out on the reverse behind the turret is thicker on the top compared to what I see in the reference material. Try searching using the above noted name and compare to others. I will try as well but have to step away for a bit...

Hardware appears to be correct but can't be 100% sure. Can't see the top of the hinge. which should be oval'ish' in shape.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Okay Michael. Will look into this later. Sounds like it will be time consuming.

Thanks again for your help

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Okay Michael. Will look into this later. Sounds like it will be time consuming.

Thanks again for your help
    Did a bit of digging. Look at the OP and Nick's. Both type 2.4.1. Same as yours. Both have the same thickness on the turret. Both deemed good. Then look at this same feature on Stewy's. This is what I have seen before....Probably basic for Ned and others, but a learning experience for me.

So looks fine to me.

LINK: Panzerkampfabzeichen help

Panzerkampfabzeichen in silber

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Okay great. Thanks for your time looking this up. You did once tell me you thought it good, but after the Narvik shield disaster...figure I should check this one too. I am "out of my league" here with badges.

As long as it is real...all that matters

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Okay great. Thanks for your time looking this up. You did once tell me you thought it good, but after the Narvik shield disaster...figure I should check this one too. I am "out of my league" here with badges.
    LoL...I did? Oh boy...I'm getting old...I didn't remember...but I probably did the same thing I did here as well (compare to known examples).

As with anything...don't rely just on my average experience. I try hard but can't always spot the fakes. So hopefully others can opine as well.

Prove me correct guys!!!

And lets not talk about that Narvik again...bad vibes man...bad vibes. (but all is well that ends well).

There is some good information on this thread as well as some very good photos.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Daisy.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

IMO, it's original badge.

Quote by ryuuk View Post
    IMO, it's original badge.
    Thanks, what I wanted to hear