Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber Board Opinions Welcomed

Article about: I received this tank badge last week and it looks correct and mint to me, but I am not an expert. Mint badges always you have to tread carefully. Wondering if I made a good purchase.

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber Board Opinions Welcomed

I received this tank badge last week and it looks correct and mint to me, but I am not an expert. Mint badges always you have to tread carefully. Wondering if I made a good purchase.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber Board Opinions Welcomed   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber Board Opinions Welcomed  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber Board Opinions Welcomed   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber Board Opinions Welcomed  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber Board Opinions Welcomed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber Board Opinions Welcomed
    P
    Many

A little heavy on the flash but, it is an original "AS in triangle" badge.
    The maker of these is still unknown.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph for the confirmation, pics taken with a cell phone working on the pic quality.

Ralph, I was doing some research on tank badges today and came across the maker of this badge. "AS" is maker Adolf Scholze, designed by the firm Ernst Peekhaus of Berlin. Instituted on 20th December of 1939.

John

its ok .. I alsou was same kind badge with SA mark..

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Ralph, I was doing some research on tank badges today and came across the maker of this badge. "AS" is maker Adolf Scholze, designed by the firm Ernst Peekhaus of Berlin. Instituted on 20th December of 1939.

John
    Hello John,
    If you are talking about these threads,
    tankist badge - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    AS in triangle PABs – hoard find in Gablonz - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    I am not sure that it is considered "proof" as of yet but the evidence certainly points that way.
    Ralph.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Gurteltier View Post
    its ok .. I alsou was same kind badge with SA mark..
    No, it is AS.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph,

The info I obtained was from a web site CI-militaria.com Front Page Portal to Home page.htm
    Heer/Waffen-SS
    Tank Battle Badge

It has pictures of the badge and all the specs.
    I do most of my research from the internet, don't know if 100% accurate though.

That pic of the hoard of tank badges was pretty cool. Thanks

Pretty nice web site though, wondering if you have ever checked it out.

John
    Last edited by War Medals; 12-11-2017 at 01:25 PM.

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Hi Ralph,

The info I obtained was from a web site CI-militaria.com Front Page Portal to Home page.htm
    Heer/Waffen-SS
    Tank Battle Badge

It has pictures of the badge and all the specs.
    I do most of my research from the internet, don't know if 100% accurate though.

That pic of the hoard of tank badges was pretty cool. Thanks

Pretty nice web site though, wondering if you have ever checked it out.

John
    Hello John,
    I would be curious to know who owns that site.
    It is pretty easy to make a statement like that on a website but, if you open a thread on WAF about this, I believe you will get the same opinions as I have stated.
    Those would come from some of the people that have been in this hobby the longest and written books about it. I believe that Philippe DB has accepted this as proof but you have to convince more than a few people for it to be accepted across the collecting community.
    Although, I do believe that as more "proof" comes to light, it does appear to be leaning that way.
    Ralph.