Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber Maker Maked

Article about: I picked this badge up today at a show and was pretty happy with its condition. The detail is very crisp, with most of its silver wash still intact. It has the date of 43 on the back, above

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber Maker Maked

I picked this badge up today at a show and was pretty happy with its condition. The detail is very crisp, with most of its silver wash still intact. It has the date of 43 on the back, above date are three circles with the letters F L L . Opinions always welcomed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber Maker Maked   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber Maker Maked  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber Maker Maked   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber Maker Maked  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber Maker Maked  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber Maker Maked
    P
    Many

Looks like a fake from 20 years ago after checking some old posts on this board. Wish I had a computer today on the road, if you search you will usually find your answer on this board.

I believe you are correct.
    Here are a couple with slight variations that you can compare to.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Freidrich Linden, Ludenschied
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, FLL 43, Freiderich Linden, Ludenschied
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Update : Returned to Dealer, he played dumb, could tell though not happy that he was caught. Got money back. Dealer has been in hobby over 60 years...SAD!

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Update : Returned to Dealer, he played dumb, could tell though not happy that he was caught. Got money back. Dealer has been in hobby over 60 years...SAD!
    To some dealers, it's a business more than a hobby. Even the best dealers sometimes let fakes slip through, and are often apologetic when this happens, but one who knowingly deceives his customers isn't one I'd want to deal with.

B.B.

Quote by War Medals View Post
    At least he was honest enough to pay the money back.

BlackCat, he simply got caught, he did not even try and pretend he did not know it was a fake. I also had purchased a lower end medal from him that turns out the medal was one maker and the ring on medal was from another maker. A repaired medal to me. I would not give this guy any positive credit. This vendors table was at the back of the show, maybe that is for a reason. All his medals should have a warning buyer be ware attached to them.

John