Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, real or fake?

Article about: I can buy this one very cheap. Please can you tell me your opinion about this Panzerkampfabzeichen ? Thank you, Danny

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, real or fake?

I can buy this one very cheap. Please can you tell me your opinion about this Panzerkampfabzeichen ?
    Thank you, Danny

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, real or fake?Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, real or fake?Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, real or fake?Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, real or fake?Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, real or fake?
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-25-2016 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, real or fake?
    P
    Many

This is a fake design type 5 based badge with spurious S&L/so called "Juncker" style hardware, avoid.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned's the man on these things, so his word is fact as far as I'm concerned. I would only add, if it looks like it has been cast, that's a sure sign of a fake. If you look at the grass under the tank with this in mind, it should stand out.

agree.

Thank You very much!i will go after Your words and don't buy it

Quote by avenger View Post
    If you look at the grass under the tank with this in mind, it should stand out.
    Not always though. Die wear can reduce the grass detail over time. Although in the area you mention I see what appears to be a grainy appearance that looks like badge was cast. Are the track links also 'blob'-like?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Not always though. Die wear can reduce the grass detail over time. Although in the area you mention I see what appears to be a grainy appearance that looks like badge was cast. Are the track links also 'blob'-like?
    I meant on this badge. And, not so much lesser detail as you can see a gritty texture to the grass that would not be on an original.