Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Tombak, Schauerte & Höhfeld

Article about: A recent addition to my PAB collection. This early Schauerte & Höhfeld produced PAB appears to have most of its silver frosting worn away from the high wear areas to reveal the bronze co

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Tombak, Schauerte & Höhfeld

A recent addition to my PAB collection.
    This early Schauerte & Höhfeld produced PAB appears to have most of its silver frosting worn away from the high wear areas to reveal the bronze color of the base metal.
    The catch is not a known type for this manufacturer, but appears to have been on here for a long time.
    It is entirely possible that the awardee of this badge had it replaced, or, it is a variant that has not been documented before.
    This is an old war horse, you can see the amount of wear on the edges of the hinge on the reverse.
    Ralph.

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Tombak,  Schauerte & Höhfeld
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Tombak,  Schauerte & Höhfeld
    P
    Many

Nice one Ralph, yes the catch does look like a very competent but non factory repair

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Nice one Ralph, yes the catch does look like a very competent but non factory repair

Regards

Mark
    Thank you Mark!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

TWS
    ?

Lovely badge Ralph.

I've got a silver myself whereby the silver wash has retreated to only the lowest points of the badge and is about 10-15% present.
    Mine does not look as nice as yours.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by TWS View Post
    Lovely badge Ralph.

I've got a silver myself whereby the silver wash has retreated to only the lowest points of the badge and is about 10-15% present.
    Mine does not look as nice as yours.
    Thank you Todd!

Do you know who the maker is, have you started a thread on it yet?
    Ralph.

TWS
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Thank you Todd!

Do you know who the maker is, have you started a thread on it yet?
    Ralph.
    I guess I could go ahead and do that. It's my ugliest PAB, so never had the urge to "display" it.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."