Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen silber und bronze original or fake?

Article about: Hi guys, I think that silver one is alois rettenmaier and bronze one should be steinhauer und luck, but i am not sure. What is your opinions? Best regards Franko.

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen silber und bronze original or fake?

Hi guys, I think that silver one is alois rettenmaier and bronze one should be steinhauer und luck, but i am not sure. What is your opinions?Panzerkampfabzeichen silber und bronze original or fake?Panzerkampfabzeichen silber und bronze original or fake?Panzerkampfabzeichen silber und bronze original or fake?Panzerkampfabzeichen silber und bronze original or fake?Panzerkampfabzeichen silber und bronze original or fake? Best regards Franko.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen silber und bronze original or fake?
    P
    Many

Hello Franko,
    Hurrah! IMO you have a good S&L in bronze. AND it looks in good condition. I would add that one to my collection.
    The Silver Rettenmaier I do have a few reservations with.
    I am not fond of the finish on this piece as I am sure these were all produced in lacquered bare zinc and your piece just looks weak and iffy so IMO it's a dud but hopefully the PAB experts will be able to confirm either way.

They need to be posted separately.
    I see that you have read this thread already, please pay attention to post #3.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

You can compare your bronze St.&L with mu silver example posted here.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/panze...-hinge-659387/
    I don't see any problems with your silver Rettenmaier either.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I don't see any problems with your silver Rettenmaier either.
    Ralph.
    Hello Ralph,
    I know there was a 'hoard' found of Rettenmaier attributed badges back around 4 or 5 years ago.

My concern is that Franko's badge has similar traits to the hoard badges but the obverse looks pretty weak so call me a cynic but i think the hoard might just be a story and even if true 4 years is long enough to produce a good reproduction especially with todays high tech moulding processes

Here's one from the original hoard:

Panzerkampfabzeichen silber und bronze original or fake?Panzerkampfabzeichen silber und bronze original or fake?

Cheers
    Doug

Hello Doug,
    Compare the one posted here with the one on the GCA data base and observe the die flaws to the left wing on the obverse.
    GCA Forum | Access denied.
    The example that you have posted from the "hoard" does not show these flaws.
    Ralph.

Thanks for posting the link Ralph
    I do notice a difference in the length of the pin of Franko’s badge compared to the hoard badge the two examples that you posted the link.
    The sanded looking back on all 4 of the badges can also be found on the Staegmeir fakes

Cheers
    Doug

Thanks guys, but after all you said, i really don't know what to think about that silver one. Is it good?

The Rettenmaier is an original.
    Can you start a separate thread for that one alone?
    Please try to post some clearer photos. Your background is focused quite nicely but, unfortunately, parts of the PAB are not. Try taking the photo a little farther away, you can always crop it.
    We already know the St.&L is good.
    Ralph.