Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Unmarked Frank & Reif

Article about: A new addition to my PAB collection. I have a silver high maker marked one and a bronze low maker marked one so I thought I would add an unmarked example to my collection. I picked this one

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Unmarked Frank & Reif

A new addition to my PAB collection.
    I have a silver high maker marked one and a bronze low maker marked one so I thought I would add an unmarked example to my collection. I picked this one up at a gun show recently.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Unmarked Frank & Reif   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Unmarked Frank & Reif  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Unmarked Frank & Reif   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Unmarked Frank & Reif  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Unmarked Frank & Reif  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Unmarked Frank & Reif
    P
    Many

Hi Ralph,

very nice badge. Possible maker Alois Rettenmaier?? Congrats for this nice addition!

Regards
    Joe

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    Hi Ralph,

very nice badge. Possible maker Alois Rettenmaier?? Congrats for this nice addition!

Regards
    Joe
    Thank you Joachim!
    Are you aware of something that I am not?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph,

Regards
    Joe
    Ha, Ha!

You are an evil man Joe...!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ha Ha Ned....flatback,set-up,similar eagle design as the Heeres Flak that is attributed to Rettenmaier. I am not a collector of Panzerkampfabzeichen, but my first Impression was Rettenmaier as i saw the badge from Ralph. What do you mean Ned? Could it be??

I met the grandson from Rettenmaier a few weeks ago on a show for Oldtimer cars in Germany (Retro classic in Stuttgart). Rettenmaier has show his products at the show.The Company is still working and i could speak 10 minutes with the grandson from Rettenmaier....got some Flyers of the Company.

Ha Ha Ned....flatback,set-up,similar eagle design as the Heeres Flak that is attributed to Rettenmaier. I am not a collector of Panzerkampfabzeichen, but my first Impression was Rettenmaier as i saw the badge from Ralph. What do you mean Ned? Could it be??

I met the grandson from Rettenmaier a few weeks ago on a show for Oldtimer cars in Germany (Retro classic in Stuttgart). Rettenmaier has show his products at the show.The Company is still working and i could speak 10 minutes with the grandson from Rettenmaier....got some Flyers of the Company.
    It seems you may very well be correct Joachim. I was confident that it was original but, I am doing my research now.
    Ralph.

Hi Joe!

The badge Ralph has posted is a genuine unmarked F&R that was the last type they produced and is also the most common, the rear set up including the tool marks, especially on the catch are absolutely correct. It's a type 4 design whereas the Rettenmaier (which until recently was an unknown maker and called the "Flatback" by collectors) is a design type 5. Take a close look at the bronze and silver examples below, the design of the badge is different, (headlights, eagles head etc.) although the hardware is a close match, but not quite the same.

Cheers, Ned.

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Unmarked Frank & Reif Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Unmarked Frank & Reif
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned! Very nice badges you show there. I had a look in P. de Bock`s Panzerkampf Abzeichen book. Yes it is attributed to Frank & Reif, Stuttgart.

Between Stuttgart and Schwäbisch Gmünd are only lays a few Kilometers..........i know i am a evil man mate

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    that's nice.
    Thank you Harry!
    Ralph.

Thanks Ned! Very nice badges you show there. I had a look in P. de Bock`s Panzerkampf Abzeichen book. Yes it is attributed to Frank & Reif, Stuttgart.

Between Stuttgart and Schwäbisch Gmünd are only lays a few Kilometers..........i know i am a evil man mate
    I am now confident that I was correct in my original instinct that this is an unmarked Frank & Reif silver Panzerkampf Abzeichen.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast