Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Unmarked William Hobacher

Article about: by big ned An honest design type 5 Ralph, I like the rear set up of the block hinge and directly soldered on "?" shaped catch that may well indicate it's one of the early badges fr

Ah yes Ralph, I meant F&R!

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber,  Unmarked William HobacherPanzerkampfabzeichen in Silber,  Unmarked William Hobacher

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber,  Unmarked William Hobacher
    P
    Many

Very nice badge Glenn
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

A nice & crisp badge, but I suspect the pin was replaced. I could be wrong though.

HOW

Yes, you are wrong.

Nowt wrong with the pin, or anything else for that matter, a nice early 'low maker mark' example by F&R.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hobacher pins usually have an oblique mark at the hinge end. And factory pin joints do not come with gaps.

Quote by HOWitzer View Post
    Hobacher pins usually have an oblique mark at the hinge end. And factory pin joints do not come with gaps.
    Hey ho How,

Which 'Hobacher' badge are you referring to exactly? The one at the start of the thread shown by Ralph with the early block hinge and "?" shaped catch which is typical of this maker in every way? Or Glenn's badge which is a Frank & Reif 'Low maker mark' type 4.2.1. with it's standard sheet metal hinge and "C" shaped catch on a circular base?

I can't see what you're driving at mate as both set ups are considered standard for their respective makes. Can you show an example of the 'oblique mark at the hinge end' and the 'factory pin joints do not come with gaps' as you have me at a disadvantage there old pal.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3