Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, without MM, mint or new??

Article about: Hello, Annoyed from this ads?   As you can see, I'm especially focusing on PAB those weeks. I'm about to go to the GAB, I only have one, but I have another PAB to submit to you. This on

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, without MM, mint or new??

Hello,

As you can see, I'm especially focusing on PAB those weeks. I'm about to go to the GAB, I only have one, but I have another PAB to submit to you.
    This one is in minty condition, very beautifull.
    What do you think about it?

Greg.
    Last edited by rbminis; 09-01-2014 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, without MM, mint or new??
    P
    Many

Hi Greg,

It's a Hobacher PAB, but if it's genuine is another matter. Arch faker Carsten Staegemeier got his hands on a few genuine badges from a hoard find in a tailor's shop a few years back, and most were in a lovely mint condition like this one. He then proceeded to copy them and ended up with one of the best fakes on the PAB collecting scene, they're really rather good, and only close inspection of good photo's will tell.

I have concerns about this one, but can't be certain without better straight on pics of front and especially the back, the eagles head, and close ups of the catch and hinge( with pin open) from a couple of different angles. Try and keep the pic's sharp and close up if possible.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I also have concerns. Just not sure why yet.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I too have my reservations from your pics. Better pics as Ned mentions would be helpful. Stewy

The pic's already supplied by Greg are very interesting as they stand, I look forward to the new ones being posted on the same background.....Purely for clarity of course.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I asked the seller for more pictures. We are sunday evening, I don't expect for anything tonight. I'll post it when I'll receive it, if the seller give me some ones.

Greg.

?

Hello,

Here are the pictures arrived this morning:

There's 2 more badges, but without details.

Greg.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the new pic's. I can confirm that the Hobacher is indeed a fake by Staegemeir, as are the silver EWE badge and the S&L in bronze (complete with fantasy rear set up). Assuming that these are all from the same dealer, you can rest assured that he knows exactly what he's selling and he's most likely buying them direct from Staegemeir. That's way north of $1000 worth of badges if genuine, but they're not, and someone's gonna get swindled. Luckily not you though....

Avoid this crook at all costs is my advice, things like this are not coincidental.

Regards, Ned.

?

Hi Ned,

The 2 other badges warned me more. A minty PAB is not easy to find, but 3 in one time... EWE badges are supposed to be rare too.
    Thank you for your advices. I keep on searching new badges to submit you!

Greg.

Quote by greg59 View Post
    Hi Ned,

The 2 other badges warned me more. A minty PAB is not easy to find, but 3 in one time... EWE badges are supposed to be rare too.
    Thank you for your advices. I keep on searching new badges to submit you!

Greg.
    Hello Greg,
    Here is my example of bronze EWE panzerkampfabzeichen.
    Ewe made Panzerkampf Abzeichen
    Silver examples are very difficult to obtain. In the future, please attempt to do some research on your own before posting new finds for us to tell you if they are original or not. You will never learn how to determine originality on you own if you do not.
    Also, please read this thread and attempt to use it in the future.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Although I spend a lot of time here, it is not my sole purpose to identify fakes for others to build their collections nor is it my purpose to spend my time renaming threads. I would much rather spend my time discussing my own and other members new additions to their collections.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast