Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver, 'Daisy' variation

Article about: Hi there guys. Wonder if I could ask your kind assistance with regard to this badge ? It is a Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver, 'Daisy' variation. It looks virtually identical to another 'dais

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver, 'Daisy' variation

Hi there guys.
    Wonder if I could ask your kind assistance with regard to this badge ?
    It is a Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver, 'Daisy' variation. It looks virtually identical to another 'daisy' variation on the forum, there being a slight difference on the shape of the dimple at the far right of the dimple. The reverse of the badge seems identical to the other 'daisy' on the forum. The badge is zinc based & I'm guessing that the finish is possibly brenlac. Could I ask for your opinion & advice for this one guys, not really handled many of these ! Maker, possible date of manafacture ?
    Thankyou for your help.
    Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver, 'Daisy' variation   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver, 'Daisy' variation  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver, 'Daisy' variation
    P
    Many

Looks to be an original badge. The unmarked, unknown maker. Some have ideas on whom this badge is made by, but as of yet unproven. Looks like mid-late war die forged, zinc with silver finish. Wait for Big Ned to weigh in here, as he may have soime other ideas, and is the resident expert in these badges. K

As Kevin says, an original type II 'Daisy' by an unknown maker, although it is quite possibly linked to Schauerte & Hohfeld only the proof is still lacking. The finish is not Brennlack in my opinion, but the better quality, more robust and uncommon galvanized type that can be found on some of these type II variant badges. It's in great condition too.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Really appreciate your help guys, I've thinking about getting one of these for a long time. This particular one really caught my eye, design & finish, I'll go for it then !
    Kind regards
    Paul

very nice badge.

Hope you get it, Good luck !! K.

Badge arrived this morning guys, just thought I'd share a few pictures, the condition's pretty good considering age !
    Regards Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver, 'Daisy' variation   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver, 'Daisy' variation  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver, 'Daisy' variation   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver, 'Daisy' variation  

It's a practically mint example with the glanverzinkt (galvanized) finish I suggested earlier. These pic's are far better and show it in all it's glory, well done on securing this near un-upgradeable piece.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

They do retain their finish well, here's mine. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    They do retain their finish well, here's mine. Stewy
    Another cracker!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast