Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen Silver S&H Variant Catch

Article about: I picked this badge up at a militaria show, one I do not have. Only a few specks of the silver left though. Does anyone know if it is a common badge? John

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen Silver S&H Variant Catch

I picked this badge up at a militaria show, one I do not have. Only a few specks of the silver left though. Does anyone know if it is a common badge?

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen Silver S&H Variant Catch   Panzerkampfabzeichen Silver S&H Variant Catch  

Panzerkampfabzeichen Silver S&H Variant Catch   Panzerkampfabzeichen Silver S&H Variant Catch  

Panzerkampfabzeichen Silver S&H Variant Catch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen Silver S&H Variant Catch
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

At first glance, looks like a good one to me.

The maker/type is escaping me. Give me a bit.

OK, 1 min later...LoL. It's a Steinhauer & Luck. Type 1.4.5 in Silver. Zinc. It is not a rare piece.

The rear file mark are typical for this type. Used to make the solder adhere better. It has as you can see a unique catch and oval hinge.

There is apparently a die flaw on these (under the cannon base) according to De Bock but for the life of me, I don't know what it is. If others know, would love to hear.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I would not call them rare but, they do not come up for sale that often that I have seen.
    Made by Steinhauer & Lück and called an "oval hinge" by some.
    You can compare with my example, and, it would be nice to see some close ups of the end of the pin.
    Congrats, it took me a while to get mine.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Steinhauer & Lück, Oval Hinge
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Map, thanks for the response. I have been looking for a copy of the book by De Bock. I believe though it costs and arm and a leg. Yes the catch is very unique, when I picked up the badge I knew the catch was good. I have some pics of a similar badge in a data base which were from the member rbminis. I don't remember how long ago his post was though. I guess I copied the wrong maker name S&H when it should be S&L. Maybe rbminis knows more about the flaw.

Thanks Ralph, I believe this pic is what you are looking for. Wish I could take pics like you. Pin is a match to your badges pin.

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen Silver S&H Variant Catch  

MAP
    ?

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Hi Map, thanks for the response. I have been looking for a copy of the book by De Bock. I believe though it costs and arm and a leg. Yes the catch is very unique, when I picked up the badge I knew the catch was good. I have some pics of a similar badge in a data base which were from the member rbminis. I don't remember how long ago his post was though. I guess I copied the wrong maker name S&H when it should be S&L. Maybe rbminis knows more about the flaw.
    If you plan on collecting more than a couple or just want to increase your knowledge, the book is a must. I was lucky enough to get mine, brand new at the list price. Now they go for $300, $400 and more. Crazy. But if you look, you can get lucky. They do pop up on the WAF eStand every now and then.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)