Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen, Spanienkreuz....Are These Legit?

Article about: Hi Guys, I need your expertise as to whether these are real or not...Unfortunately, these are the only photos available. I appreciate ANY input and info! Glenn

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen, Spanienkreuz....Are These Legit?

Hi Guys,
    I need your expertise as to whether these are real or not...Unfortunately, these are the only photos available.
    I appreciate ANY input and info! Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images Panzerkampfabzeichen, Spanienkreuz....Are These Legit?  Panzerkampfabzeichen, Spanienkreuz....Are These Legit?  Panzerkampfabzeichen, Spanienkreuz....Are These Legit?  Panzerkampfabzeichen, Spanienkreuz....Are These Legit? 
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 01-09-2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: attachments won't display

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen, Spanienkreuz....Are These Legit?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen, Spanienkreuz....Are These Legit?

Although I am by no means an expert, I'd have to say based on what I can find to compare the Panzersturmabzeichen with, that it is not an original. Starting with the lack of detail on the head (as far as I can tell from the photograph), the chest feathers, the wing feathers and the leg feathers do not appear right to me. The turret details don't look clear, the tank treads appear as barbells, and the terrain beneath the tank has no detail. Additionally, the leaves in the wreath have no internal detail and their shape doesn't appear to be correct. The clasp at the junction at the bottom of the wreath does not appear to resemble any of the others I have been able to locate.

Again, I am just starting, but have been looking very closely at this award since it is one that I want for my collection.

I have not studied the Spanienkreuz and therefore have no opinion as to its status.

If I am wrong, I will gladly listen to any criticism.

With trepidation,
    Last edited by roger9344; 01-10-2011 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Clarification

Thank you for your input. These are from the same seller, and I was already suspicious...

Sorry, but my opinion is the same on Panzer badge.....Not the worse fake I have seen! But still I dont like it. And the Spanish Cross is all bad! Lacks any detail the originals show! Sorry.

Joe

Thanks guys...Add those 2 to our database of fakes!

Re the Spanienkreuz: note the early droop tail design Luftwaffe eagles. These were never used on this award.

Cheers, Ade.

I have seen this first badge somewhere,and has been for sale for a long time.on a website I can not remenber where.