Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen V Stufe "100" in horrible shape, real or fake?

Article about: Hey guys, I am new to relic hunting. Someone is trying to sell me a Tank Assault 100 Engagement badge. I understand that these are extremely rare and valuable. He says he received it from a

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen V Stufe "100" in horrible shape, real or fake?

Hey guys, I am new to relic hunting. Someone is trying to sell me a Tank Assault 100 Engagement badge. I understand that these are extremely rare and valuable. He says he received it from a vet in Holland, he seems honest and has a large collection. It is in BRUTAL shape. I noticed that the 25-50-100 Engagement badges show a Panzer crushing sticks rather than grass, the back seems to have some sort of a mark. I am a rookie and have no real knowledge, please shed some light! I assume its not real but I have to check with the pros! Check it out!

Panzerkampfabzeichen V Stufe "100" in horrible shape, real or fake?Panzerkampfabzeichen V Stufe "100" in horrible shape, real or fake?Panzerkampfabzeichen V Stufe "100" in horrible shape, real or fake?
    Panzerkampfabzeichen V Stufe "100" in horrible shape, real or fake?Panzerkampfabzeichen V Stufe "100" in horrible shape, real or fake?
    Last edited by Adrian; 12-01-2013 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen V Stufe "100" in horrible shape, real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

That is about as fake as you are ever likely to find. A very poor representation of what is a two piece and generally well made award.

You will note the two pieces have been cast and moulded to give the impression but fool no-one. Everything is wrong with this badge.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

My thoughts exactly, as a rookie I cant tell if a badge is in crap shape or just a poor fake!

Thanks for the help, I will avoid this seller haha

?

For reference, here is a good numbered Panzer badge. There are minor variations between makers but you will get the general idea of what an original badge should look like compared to the aberration above!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Wow that badge looks amazing. Maybe a bit better looking than the one I posted

Truly dreadful, Sorry. Stewy

Lol, one of the two is a liar - if there is or was
    another party involved.

It was bound to happen - fakes being aged
    to look like ground dug 'relics'.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Fake Medals, awards, uniforms, hats, helmets, boots, clothing, insignias, ID's, flags, edged weapons, moneys, tokens, stamps, documents, signatures, photos, photo frames, films, office equipment, field equipment, personal items and toiletries, crockery and glassware, musical instruments, medical equipment, furniture, cookware, sleepware, holocaust artifacts, books, posters, trophies, signs, vehicles, jewelry, artwork, silverware, trench art, POW art, firearms, ornaments and decorations....and now cancered out rusty old dug up Relics.....Has there ever Been such a hobby before???
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Agreed totally! Someone is up to no good!

Did you guys notice the attempt at some sort of a maker mark on the back-right side?

I think its horrible when people try to make fakes and add forgery maker marks

It's trying to be a 'BSW'.........
    Regards,

Steve.