Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen for opinions.

Article about: Better pictures needed, looks like a good early tombak Mayer to me. I think its not a zinc one because of the several yellow spots on the observe.

?

Default Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen for opinions.

Good afternoon, all. I'd like you to look at this panzerkampf abzeichen and let me know what you think. I'm on the fence about this one and could use some info.
    Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen for opinions.Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen for opinions.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen for opinions.
    P
    Many

?

Hi, I have the same and I hardly show it couse I'm not really sure about it neither.. Maybe later we will have some better infos!

Hello Srdj,
    I think this is a nice unmarked hollow pressed silver plated brass badge by Frank & Reif.
    The only concern for me before making a definitive decision is the variation of the mudguard near the drivers open hatch.
    I will need to do some more comparisons later to check when I get home
    So I could be wrong

All the best
    Doug
    Last edited by Saladin; 05-10-2012 at 04:25 PM.

?

Thanks, Doug. I hope you get home soon! This badge has been bothering me (and apparently Tagete) for some time.

?

true, thanks a lot!

Okay, I am going to stick my neck out here.
    Going off the rock and grass I am going to plump for a good BH Mayer badge. I have an example or two of the famous BLOB fake and your doesn't look like one.
    A couple of better straight on shots would help

Sorry,i'm not a fan of this PKA. It's based on a B.H Mayer. Stewy

Quote by Saladin View Post
    Okay, I am going to stick my neck out here.
    Going off the rock and grass I am going to plump for a good BH Mayer badge. I have an example or two of the famous BLOB fake and your doesn't look like one.
    A couple of better straight on shots would help
    You may well be right Doug. But something troubles me on this one. But i've probably just confused myself. Stewy

Here is my B.H. Mayer to compare, although it has no frosting like the original one posted
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen for opinions.   Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen for opinions.  

Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen for opinions.   Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen for opinions.  

Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen for opinions.   Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen for opinions.  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello Stewy, I understand what you mean..I still have a glimmer of doubt but I am not too sure if it is just down to the picture or if Srdj's badge is just showing signs of die wear with some small amounts of softening on the detail.
    Ralph, thank you for posting your badge it is a really super example and makes a great comparison. I do like the tiny amount of wear on the front armour plate. I am sure I can see the brass beneath.
    All the best
    Doug

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast