Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Replaced pin and catch on this Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze by Wurster ?

Article about: Sælir og blessaðir, everyone ! I am dying to acquire this pretty shiny Wurster example. But strange marks under the catch make me wonder if it has been repaired or not. Besides, the Wurster

Default Replaced pin and catch on this Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze by Wurster ?

Sælir og blessaðir, everyone !
    I am dying to acquire this pretty shiny Wurster example. But strange marks under the catch make me wonder if it has been repaired or not.
    Besides, the Wurster stamps I saw heretofore are a K and a W encircled. What do you think of this lonely W ?

Thank you very much for your desired help !

Replaced pin and catch on this Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze by Wurster ?Replaced pin and catch on this Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze by Wurster ?Replaced pin and catch on this Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze by Wurster ?Replaced pin and catch on this Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze by Wurster ?Replaced pin and catch on this Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze by Wurster ?
    Last edited by rbminis; 04-23-2018 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Replaced pin and catch on this Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze by Wurster ?
    P
    Many

I think that panzerkampf is genuine small w solid buntmetal Wurster badge. That is actually the only solid buntmetal panzerkampf badge ever produced and because of that probably the most desirable one. There is also very convincing and dangerous Staegmeirs fake of this badge, so you should wait for some more confirmation regarding its originality.

Best regards,
    Franko

Also I think that catch, hinge and pin are genuine as well. They are not repaired or replaced at all IMO.

Best regards,
    Franko

?

This is an original Wurster Pab in nice condition !!
    Is so common see this hinge and catch for the W Pan..nothing is repaired !

Nicola

Hello krakkar,

I had to thank you with words instead of only that impersonal and lazy thank button.

Just after Franjo reassured me with his message, I got enlightenment by remembering to do what made me discover this forum : stopping being lazy and fumbling thoroughly, armed with keywords, into google images, many of which precisely link to specific warrelics entombed pages.

The reference called Big Ned actually owns a very similar exemplar that achieved to confirm the authenticity of the badge itself, sweeping away the doubts about the Staegemeir eventuality Franjo mentioned.

Now that Nicola usefully backed Franjo concerning the attach system on that one and put a definitive period to that tormenting question, I savour beatitude. The reservation ends and the purchase may serenely occur.

Your conversant solidarity is appreciated.

Oh, by the way, if it were not for that tiny gash on the wing, could it be considered as mint ?

That Wurster solid buntmetall example really is the best panzerkampf badge ever produced. Condition of that badge is absolutely stunning, you can not find any better. Great purchase, congratulations.

Best regards,
    Franko

Beautiful example. The chip only adds character to this warhorse.
    Congrats!

MAP
    ?

Quote by HOWitzer View Post
    Beautiful example. The chip only adds character to this warhorse.
    Congrats!
    +1

Most probably an issued albeit lightly worn example in fantastic condition. And yes. Being issued and worn gives it more character than some mint condition hoard find!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)