Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Several badges and medals for review

Article about: Hello I would like to see the reverse pic if you happen to come across it. My opinion is this one is a Staegemeir Factory product and I would stay away. There are details that are soft and m

Default Several badges and medals for review

Hi guys,

Could I please get the experts' opinions on these awards? I am particularly interested in the SS medal and the panzer badges, but I am not an expert on these and a couple items look downright weird to me. Is there such a thing as an original hollowback destroyer badge?

Thanks for your help gentlemen.

Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Several badges and medals for review   Several badges and medals for review  

Several badges and medals for review   Several badges and medals for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Several badges and medals for review
    P
    Many

Default Re: Several badges and medals for review

obkrieger,,the only badge that has a chance of being good,in my opinion,is the war merit cross with swords,,,

?

Quote by militarymania View Post
    obkrieger,,the only badge that has a chance of being good,in my opinion,is the war merit cross with swords,,,
    Hi Mo, I completely agree with Robert.

Here goes.........

SA Treffen badge - cast fake, numerous pits on the reverse and fantasy hardware, the catch has gone a step further than the usual circular cut out piece of metal and had a hook added, never seen that before.
    Kriegsverdienstkreuz - looks ok, silver finish fading back to the zinc base metal but good IMO.
    Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen - Fake, these badges were never produced in hollowback form.
    SS 4yr medal - Fake for me, soft details, poor quality, wrong shaped ribbon ring.
    The Shields - poor pics but I'm not holding out much hope even with better ones, the Balkan shield is controversial in it's own right.
    AS Panzerkampfabzeichen - both fakes, wrong hardware, wrong location of makers mark, the reverse should not be flat either. See here to see what an original looks like.

Hope that helps you decide..........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks for your help, guys. I really appreciate it.

I will make an offer on the KVK as I am missing a first class from my collection.

The guy had a beautiful mint Schwerin High Seas badge, but he sold it while I was making up my mind. I am pretty sure it was good, too. He sold it for $80. I hate missing out on deals like that.

Mo, I would be wary buying anything off this dealer, that SS medal is the worst fake I have ever seen! He must know its fake and he is selling it!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I'd like a better look at the KVK 1. Especially the hinge. All the rest are fake,sorry. Stewy

The KVK in an L/11 if it helps. I have requested a better pic of the back.

I thought it was good. Nice Deumer I see no prob with it.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    The guy had a beautiful mint Schwerin High Seas badge, but he sold it while I was making up my mind. I am pretty sure it was good, too. He sold it for $80. I hate missing out on deals like that.
    By the looks of the Destroyer badge, you probably saved yourself $80.00. Is this guy on-line or a local seller?

Best Regards, fischer

He was a craigslist seller. Here is a pic of the front of the Destroyer badge. I can't find the picture of the back that he sent me, but the maker's mark and pin and hinge setup matched to an original I found on WAF perfectly. To my slightly trained eye, it looks good, but then again it could have been a terrible fake and I wouldn't even know it!

He wants 100 shipped for the KVK but it's just not worth that much to me. I have seen better examples for better prices so I will wait until I find a better one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Several badges and medals for review  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast