MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Two Panzerkampfabzeichen, in Silber and in Bronze, opinions please

Article about: Hello! Annoyed from this ads?   Looking for opinion on those Panzer Assault Badges. Said that award comes from forgotten basement in Berlin which was full of awards, discovered only 65

Default Two Panzerkampfabzeichen, in Silber and in Bronze, opinions please

Hello!

Looking for opinion on those Panzer Assault Badges. Said that award comes from forgotten basement in Berlin which was full of awards, discovered only 65 years after war. Story is just too good to believe. I know that Your opinions will help me. Opinion on value is preferable as well.

First is going Bronze
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Panzerkampfabzeichen, in Silber and in Bronze, opinions please   Two Panzerkampfabzeichen, in Silber and in Bronze, opinions please  

Two Panzerkampfabzeichen, in Silber and in Bronze, opinions please   Two Panzerkampfabzeichen, in Silber and in Bronze, opinions please  

Two Panzerkampfabzeichen, in Silber and in Bronze, opinions please   Two Panzerkampfabzeichen, in Silber and in Bronze, opinions please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two Panzerkampfabzeichen, in Silber and in Bronze, opinions please
    P
    Many

The silver one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Panzerkampfabzeichen, in Silber and in Bronze, opinions please   Two Panzerkampfabzeichen, in Silber and in Bronze, opinions please  

Both badges are original. The bronze one is a late war Steinhauer & Luck vertical crimp PAB that is fairly uncommon, so it's a nice find. Although it may appear the catch has been re attached this is not the case. The crimping system was a poor design and the badges are often found to have soldered in hardware due to the die failure of the crimp and were 'factory repaired' during production.

The silver one is a wonderfully preserved near mint 'Daisy Type 2' that has been attributed to the maker Schauerte & Hohfeld, although this is not yet I believe 100% certain.

I'm not keen on giving out prices/values as a rule, it can all be subjective for obvious reasons, but a fair collector to collector price would be around 200-220 Euro's each at this time in my opinion.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

big ned Da' man !!

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    big ned Da' man !!
    Ned is a forum treasure.

Nice finds!
    Ned has pretty much nailed it, IMHO.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

no more to be said for Ned has done the deed.

I'm also with Ned on these awards. I have a "Daisy" PKA too & in similar condition, which they seem to retain very well. Congrats, Stewy

- - ------- - -

?

Yeah, pretty much known that Neds the man. That Daisy is gorgeous.....Always loved the details of the obverse on the Daisy's, but just never liked the looks of the reverses on these for some reason....the big lumps on em lol