Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unmarked Panzerkampfabzeich in question

Article about: Does this one look alright?

?

Default Unmarked Panzerkampfabzeich in question

Does this one look alright?
    Unmarked Panzerkampfabzeich in questionUnmarked Panzerkampfabzeich in question

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Panzerkampfabzeich in question
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unmarked Panzerkampfabzeich in question

Appears to be a cast fake...Not for me.
    cheers, Glenn

I agree with Glenn.
    I am not liking this one, nothing I recognise on this one.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

As said, it's junk.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I'm not even sure which maker this badge is cast from, any ideas?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I'm going to have to take back my previous remarks I think!
    Something about the badge was niggling me, the fact that it appears to have never had the rear set up affixed and some of the finer design details, so I had a look around and found out that it's a ringer for an extremely rare prototype Panzerkampf Abzeichen that is very, very desirable, even in this condition.

Now then, if the badge is original, and I see no reason to believe it isn't on the evidence available, it would be only the 4th known to be in existence, the other 3 being owned I believe by Bob Hritz, Philippe De Bock and Hans Nahls. I think that some may have been found in the ruins of a factory in Germany unfinished, but can't be sure, but the Hritz and De Bock examples have their rear set up where some of the others don't. All are semi hollow backed badges.

Another 2 badges with solid backs have been ground dug in Germany in the last few years that have a 'lily pad' hinge that is associated with the Weidmann Co., but the other theory doing the rounds suggest that Deschler, not known for making PABs, may have been responsible for this 'Prototype' as the hinge and catch on some is of a type they used, a small barrel hinge and a wide flatwire 'C' catch on a circular plate.

Take a look at this genuine example and note the similarities.

Unmarked Panzerkampfabzeich in questionUnmarked Panzerkampfabzeich in question

1. The eagle is unique to the "normal" Panzerkampf Abzeichen type and actually is more like the ones found on the higher grade numbered pabs.

2. The wreath is wider, leaving space for the oakleaves compared to the normal appearance where they look 'squeezed in' to fit.

3. The Panzer is completely different with a slimmer, more realistic cannon, the co ax MG mount has gone, replaced with a more realistic gun mantlet, the cupola is flattened rather than the normally seen unrealistic 'dome' shape, the driving lights have convincingly real looking 'blackout covers' and finally, the tracks are far more defined with individual links clearly visible.

4. Note the reverse of the badge is unique in design compared to other type 1 pabs, the hollow tank paired with the semi hollow wreath, it actually more closely matches the reverse of the Anti Partisan Badge than any other Panzerkampf Abzeichen.

All these thing imo match up to this being a genuine piece, as a forger would not have sufficient knowledge to pull all these things together in a single badge. And if he did, where are the rest? I have not seen this design before for sale real or fake, until I came across the information above.

If the above badge is available I would consider buying it, although it may be very expensive for a Panzerkampf Abzeichen and an unfinished one at that especially if the vendor knows it's history, but it appears to be a very rare piece to me, and I think now on balance, probably genuine.Whatever the case, this badge needs closer inspection from chaps more knowledgable in the field than me, as it is potentially a very important find.

I would be interested to know what details you have on this badge, any history, is it for sale and how much is being asked?

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I actually took a chance on it for $20 yesterday at an estate sale, this is the first badge Ive ever bought...i know it needs to be looked at in-hand but, would you like more pictures? when i saw it on the table, this was the second day into the estate so i figured it was fake so "hey what the hell", a repo badge for $20.

That could well be the best buy you ever had! Please feel free to post more pictures for us all to see.

Regards, Ned.

?

I took as many as I could, my apologies if some are blurry.
    Unmarked Panzerkampfabzeich in questionUnmarked Panzerkampfabzeich in questionUnmarked Panzerkampfabzeich in question
    Unmarked Panzerkampfabzeich in questionUnmarked Panzerkampfabzeich in questionUnmarked Panzerkampfabzeich in questionUnmarked Panzerkampfabzeich in questionUnmarked Panzerkampfabzeich in questionUnmarked Panzerkampfabzeich in questionUnmarked Panzerkampfabzeich in questionUnmarked Panzerkampfabzeich in question

Here is a thread on a similar one, there are some differences though.
    --The find of 2013-- - Page 3 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast