Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unmarked Panzerkampfabzeichen

Article about: I've seen this Panzerkampfabzeichen for sale which was supposedly engraved by the original recipient. What do you guys think about it? Have you seen a fake one that has been engraved in such

If i'm honest, I had a serious problem with the shape of the rock in the foreground, it's not a correct match to any genuine type I can think of on a PKA. Also I think I can see a small hole in the 3rd track pin down on the far right as we look at it. I seem to remember reading that it was a bad sign as far as originality goes, but can't remember for the life of me where I saw it! The nearest thing to it IMO is an unmarked Frank & Reif. Whatever, I think it's odds on you dodged a bullet, I certainly wouldn't buy it on the strength of those pic's.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    If i'm honest, I had a serious problem with the shape of the rock in the foreground, it's not a correct match to any genuine type I can think of on a PKA. Also I think I can see a small hole in the 3rd track pin down on the far right as we look at it. I seem to remember reading that it was a bad sign as far as originality goes, but can't remember for the life of me where I saw it! The nearest thing to it IMO is an unmarked Frank & Reif. Whatever, I think it's odds on you dodged a bullet, I certainly wouldn't buy it on the strength of those pic's.
    Thank you again for the consideration of this badge. I wouldn't have bought it without a 'thumbs up' from the members here, and it seems unlikely that I'd have gotten that!

99% of what's offered for half of its value is fake, but there are a few gold flakes in the dungheap, so I hate to pass things pass by that stand a chance.

Anyway, I appreciate the opinions offered on this one. As always, the expertise of this forum is truly invaluable.

I wasn't comfortable with it right from the beginning but did not want to outright call it a fake without the research first.
    I have not been able to find a match yet.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12