Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unmarked Panzerkampfabzeichen

Article about: I've seen this Panzerkampfabzeichen for sale which was supposedly engraved by the original recipient. What do you guys think about it? Have you seen a fake one that has been engraved in such

?

Default Unmarked Panzerkampfabzeichen

I've seen this Panzerkampfabzeichen for sale which was supposedly engraved by the original recipient. What do you guys think about it? Have you seen a fake one that has been engraved in such a way in an attempt to deceive?

Unmarked PanzerkampfabzeichenUnmarked PanzerkampfabzeichenUnmarked Panzerkampfabzeichen

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and opinions!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Panzerkampfabzeichen
    P
    Many

I am not sure of the maker as of yet but the pin and catch appear to have been replaced. The pin looks too small for the space in the hinge and I have not seen a catch like this one before. I would also be very skeptical of the engraving.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I am not sure of the maker as of yet but the pin and catch appear to have been replaced. The pin looks too small for the space in the hinge and I have not seen a catch like this one before. I would also be very skeptical of the engraving.
    Ralph.
    Thanks, Ralph! I have no idea about the pin and catch, because I don't collect these normally, but the engraving doesn't really look period to me. The seller is offering this for $100, which is the only reason I asked!

Hello Rick,
    I have been doing a little research and so far, I have not been able to identify this one. Is the seller reputable?
    Only $100.00, I remember a saying, "If it seems too good to be true,"
    I will keep looking. If Ned responds first, he will likely be correct.
    I also agree on the engraving.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello Rick,
    I have been doing a little research and so far, I have not been able to identify this one. Is the seller reputable?
    Only $100.00, I remember a saying, "If it seems too good to be true,"
    I will keep looking. If Ned responds first, he will likely be correct.
    I also agree on the engraving.
    Ralph.
    Thank you for your efforts! I do believe the badge is most likely not original, but there is always a slim chance, even where very low prices are involved.

The seller isn't a militaria dealer, but a private individual. I've gotten good deals before from unlikely sources, so I'm less quick to dismiss these days! Still, you're probably correct in your suspicions.

A hard one to pick with these photo's as Ralph says! The catch is a definite replacement, but perhaps sitting on an original plate? I can't be sure if it's trying to be a type 4 or 5 badge with these photo's, so better shots are needed close up, straight on front and back IN GOOD LIGHT etc. to be sure. I don't like the scratchings on the back either, and certain aspects of the badges obverse look very soft, so i'll wait to see if better pic's are forthcoming. If he won't oblige walk away mate. I'm half expecting that if new pic's are supplied they'll be about as much use as these, but let's wait and see. Also price is a red flag.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    A hard one to pick with these photo's as Ralph says! The catch is a definite replacement, but perhaps sitting on an original plate? I can't be sure if it's trying to be a type 4 or 5 badge with these photo's, so better shots are needed close up, straight on front and back IN GOOD LIGHT etc. to be sure. I don't like the scratchings on the back either, and certain aspects of the badges obverse look very soft, so i'll wait to see if better pic's are forthcoming. If he won't oblige walk away mate. I'm half expecting that if new pic's are supplied they'll be about as much use as these, but let's wait and see. Also price is a red flag.

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks, Ned! I will ask for better photos and see what happens.

?

Oops, it appears that it has been sold! Good luck to the buyer; I wouldn't have felt safe with it as-is.

Thanks again for the thoughts on this. Even when the items prove to be sold/a dud/too expensive, I always learn a bit more.

perhaps he had his ear to the ground and marked it sold.

?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    perhaps he had his ear to the ground and marked it sold.
    It's possible, but I doubt it; there are many things even more questionable than this sold for considerably more every day. Some either like to gamble or choose not to do research and/or ask first.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast