Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wurster Hollow Tombak "Organised Grass Pattern" Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze.

Article about: Hi Guys, Here's a new addition from the Karl Wurster company of Markneukirchen to my collection. It's an early hollow Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze known as the "organised grass patter

Default Wurster Hollow Tombak "Organised Grass Pattern" Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze.

Hi Guys,

Here's a new addition from the Karl Wurster company of Markneukirchen to my collection. It's an early hollow Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze known as the "organised grass pattern" type 1.2.3. They also produced a hollow bronze type 1.2.1. that was from a separate die and is slightly different in that the grass is more haphazard in appearance and is therefore known as the "chaos grass pattern".

Around 99% of all Wurster Panzerkampfabzeichen's found are of the bronze type, as they are believed to be the earliest manufacturer of this type, with Juncker producing nearly all the early silver awards. The similarities between both makers badges is remarkable, the realism of the tank and eagle being notable, as is the engravers rendition of the foreground. Although by no means an uncommon badge, the quality of these is of the very best of German award manufacturing of the time, so when it comes to collector desirability they hold a solid value.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wurster Hollow Tombak "Organised Grass Pattern" Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze.   Wurster Hollow Tombak "Organised Grass Pattern" Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze.  

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wurster Hollow Tombak "Organised Grass Pattern" Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze.
    P
    Many

that's a nice one Ned.

Lucky bugger!...

Very nice indeed Ned, congrats mate. Stewy

Thanks lads, it's lost a lot of it's original dark chocolate wash through wear or polishing over the last 70 odd years, but it's still a nice solid example with the rear set up still as sound as the day it was made. It makes a nice comparison when next to my solid tombak 'massif' that's almost three times as heavy, the only solid tombak Panzer badge known to have been produced during the Third Reich period.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

A very nice example Ned! Congrats!
    I have been having a hard time lately finding any Panzerkampf Abzeichen's that I want to add to my collection, but, there is one on it's way though.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Good looking buddy.

My goodness!
    That is a real looker. Good catch!!

HOW