Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wurster PAB

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, I'd like to share this Panzerkampfabzeichen from my collection. This tombak Wurster is commonly known as the "Organized Grass Pattern" variant. I love the design a

Default Wurster PAB

Hello Gentlemen,

I'd like to share this Panzerkampfabzeichen from my collection. This tombak Wurster is commonly known as the "Organized Grass Pattern" variant. I love the design and quality of these early badges. I hope you like it

BR,
    James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wurster PAB   Wurster PAB  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wurster PAB
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Wurster PAB

It's definitely a very nice badge in very good condition.
    Can you expand on what you mean by the 'Organized Grass Pattern' please? I know very little about the PABs and it would be a good reference for the future. I can only guess it's because the grass stems look very evenly spaced and neat?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    It's definitely a very nice badge in very good condition.
    Can you expand on what you mean by the 'Organized Grass Pattern' please? I know very little about the PABs and it would be a good reference for the future. I can only guess it's because the grass stems look very evenly spaced and neat?
    Hello Adrian,

That's correct, the grass pattern on the 2nd die shows a more organized layout with groupings of grass blades, where die one does not. The collecting community comes up with names to I.D. these different variants. The set up is the same on both variants with the block hinge and "?" shaped catch. I've attached my "Chaos Grass" for comparison

Thanks!
    James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wurster PAB   Wurster PAB  

Very informative and useful explanation James! I've a better understanding of the Wurster PAB variants.

Best regards, fischer

Here is a Wurster organized pattern and chaos grass patern next to each other.

Very beautiful badges in this thread.
    Wurster tombak is top-notch!
    Fierce looking eagle too!

Regards
    HOW