Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1944 Doc. translation assistance here...

Article about: Good morning! any idea on its content and location of this Polish unit?

Default 1944 Doc. translation assistance here...

Good morning!
    any idea on its content and location of this Polish unit?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1944 Doc. translation assistance here...  

?

Probably 9 zapasowy pulk piechoty

what does this mean please?

?

9 infantry reserve regiment

Bill first...

Tnx!
    Was this FP located inside Poland at the time or in the USSR?

This document does not give a location, it says m.p (miejsce postoju) " current field location ". That said it gives a p.p. 52207, translates to :
    Poczta polowa 52207, of Field Post 52207.
    It says that Aleksander Falek has joined Polish Army 09/19/1944 and the certificate is for His Mother who currently resides in Z.S R. R. Uzbek Republic, city of Samarkand, that the Mother will be given assistance due to Soldiers Families per current Law.

Thank you very much!
    Is there a list of Polish locations via their MP at the time?

No, the M.P. is a code for the location. But I think there is a list of the P.P. numbers... As they mention not a Unit, but a Field Post 52207.

the only thing I know is that end of 1944 or beginning of 1945 he was sent to a Polish military barracks in Lublin, former camp Majdanek. I am not sure if this was made out AT Majdanek or before he was sent there, I thought the location could be traced via the PP: The printed page dates from his 1969 testimony and the other is back of a Polish issued 1942 passport suppose to have been issued to travel from inside the Soviet territory to the Iranian border, but he did not leave at the end. The x2 stamps could be moving form one camp to another?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1944 Doc. translation assistance here...   1944 Doc. translation assistance here...