Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Air Force commemorative medallion

Article about: I reaaalllllyyy thought I posted this already, but perhaps my mind is going. This is a beautiful Polish Air Force commemorative medallion which I believe honors the return of the Air Force s

Default Air Force commemorative medallion

I reaaalllllyyy thought I posted this already, but perhaps my mind is going.

This is a beautiful Polish Air Force commemorative medallion which I believe honors the return of the Air Force standard in 1992. I have seen a lot of medallions for sale on ebay and elsewhere around the net, but this is the most beautiful one I've seen. It is very well done and is complete with the presentation box.

Anyone seen this type before?

Mike

Default Re: Air Force commemorative medallion

You are right this is a beautifully sculpted commemorative medal and probably from the Polish State Mint (Mennica Panstwow) in Warsaw
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Default Re: Air Force commemorative medallion

I have not seen this one before, and agree that it is beautifully executed and very impressive. Judging by the accompanying text it appears to be a special issue and likely made in a very limited quantity.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne