Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Cross of Valour

Article about: What can you tell me about this cross .Good or bad -and I think that this medal was produced after the war? And can you tell me how many money can you spend on it.

Default Cross of Valour

What can you tell me about this cross .Good or bad -and I think that this medal was produced after the war? And can you tell me how many money can you spend on it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour   Cross of Valour  

Default Re: Cross of Valour

Hi John, I've moved your question over to the forum that discusses post war Polish People's Army items. This cross is a type made post 1960 and issued to veterans. It is one of the more common types, likely selling for under $75. I do not collect post war era 'Krzyze Walecznych' so cannot offer much more.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks a lot. Cross is available at an auction, and I was curious to know if it is a copy or not. I did not think that, there was a version for veterans. Krzy

Hi again John,

The seller is reputable and there's little doubt that this is a genuine cross. The description mentions "Lenino", indicating that such crosses were awarded to veterans of the costly 1944 battle with the Gemans on the eastern front. The communist regime continued to issue awards to veterans well after the end of WW2.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

So the cross is the original, but not from the battle of Lenino. Thanks

Yes, I believe this decoration to be genuine. As to when and where the act of valour took place for which this cross was awarded we will never know.

Regards,
    Tony

Original Cross of Valour in Warsaw Mint produced between 60-70