All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.
"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne
fakes were poorly made casts similar to fake Auschwitz cross - less detail, lighter and shiny finish
Looking for following WWII German items:
- anything dealing with Allenstein (Olsztyn) and Wehrkreis I in East Prussia,
- entrenching tool carrier (straight and folding),
- forestry and hunting items,
Join my Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/890720157646923/
I have compared this medal and an original Cross of Grunwald and there are many differences :-
(1) the front right side top arm is lower and misaligned on this medal compared to an original.
(2) the inscription on the back doesn't match quite well with the original - there are subtle differences in the K lower leg and particularly the date.
(3) The overall metal finish and quality is significantly different from an original.
However, in spite of these differences there are sufficient similarities to confuse.
Any one else have any views or comments regarding this Cross of Grunwald?
Thanks to everyone for educating me in these Polish Medals.