Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My first Polish helmet

Article about: I bought this helmet for £5 shipped from Poland. I'm Polish and I decided that I need some diversity in my helmet arsenal, specifically Warsaw pact. The pics are the seller's, not mine. I wi

Default My first Polish helmet

I bought this helmet for £5 shipped from Poland. I'm Polish and I decided that I need some diversity in my helmet arsenal, specifically Warsaw pact. The pics are the seller's, not mine. I will upload better pics when it arrives. Do you think that it's a good deal? Pics:

My first Polish helmet
    My first Polish helmet
    My first Polish helmet

MAP
    ?

I'm not familiar with polish helmets. What type and era is this from?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It's a Wz. 67 which (coincidentally) were made in the 60s and 70s. It looks mint, what do you think for the price?

Can't argue on that price you did ok

MAP
    ?

A couple of beers or a helmet?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yup!

?

5 quid for a helm in great shapeWinner right there!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    5 quid for a helm in great shapeWinner right there!
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Yep, I think it's a great price. Can't wait for it to arrive!:P

what can i say but well done ,just to be clear you have a wz 50 not 67 the earliest one i have is dated 1953 so check the ink stamping if one on the inner crown or liner ,the eagle insignia is interesting and not one ive seen before perhaps an early milcja obywatelska ,here is one of my example's My first Polish helmetMy first Polish helmet

Quote by James C View Post
    . . . the eagle insignia is interesting and not one ive seen before perhaps an early milcja obywatelska . . .
    I've also never seen this version before. I don't collect post war helmets, so by no means am an expert, but most of the officially applied eagles were done so using stencils. Once can't rule out the possibility of being an early Milicja Obywatelska (Citizen's Militia). The only one's I'm familiar with appear like the one pictured below.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first Polish helmet  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne